What mac apps do you want iPad versions of?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So, now the iPad is here and has it's own version of iWork.

What mac apps do you want to see have iPad versions?

The two the come right off the top of my head are Omnioutliner and Omnigraffle.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Final

Cut

Pro
  • Reply 2 of 10
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    iMovie

Apple Remote Desktop

Adium

Dropbox
  • Reply 3 of 10
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Photoshop, Aperture, the Finder, Perian/VLC/Flip4Mac, Disk Utility for encrypted .dmgs - on a mobile device it's nice to have some security if it goes missing, SNES & ScummVM emulator, python scripting, Textedit + 3rd party text apps, dictionary app.

Final Cut Lite would be nice. Not the full editing suite but more than imovie HD. Just being able to take pictures, clips and audio from itunes and make a quick presentation film and upload direct to youtube or something.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    This thing is made for RTS type strategy games. Halo wars, WoW, StarCraft, Command and Conquer... Would be great for that.

It's going to need a better way to handle files. If it is indeed a device that allows file creation, it will have to handle files in a more advanced way than what is currently available on the iPhone. Folders will need to be possible.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    SimCity

Warcraft/Starcraft (don't care about WoW)
  • Reply 6 of 10
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    RDM+

AirMouse

Bento

Awesome Note

2Do

The Hit List

ColorSplash

Pastebot

Evernote

Yelp

Facebook

Lose It!

Momento

Paper Toss

Deliveries

Where To

1Password Pro

Wikipanion Pro

Instapaper Pro

MobileMe Gallery
  • Reply 7 of 10
    The top of my list was iWork, but Apple more than covered that.

ToonBoom Studio - or at least some kind of animation app

Curio

Storyboard (from same company as TBS)

SketchUp

Garageband

I want audio and video editing apps, but there already are some on the iPhone that could be improved upon very quickly:

ReelDirector (basic video editing)

RecTools08Pro (audio editing)

I'd like to see a few more functions added to the above; after what Apple did with iWork, I'm pretty sure lots of apps will get really ramped up, soon.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Aquaminds Notetaker or Microsoft One Note

MS Office or Open Office

Merlin or other project management software
  • Reply 9 of 10
    cory bauercory bauer Posts: 1,286member
    iPhoto. Apple is advertising adapters to get your photos directly from your camera to your iPad, but once there all you can do is look at them and share them. The ability to manipulate photos directly on the iPad (cropping, levels, exposure, white balance, etc) would be killer.

Secondly, I'd love to see some kind of Final Cut light that piggy backs off of your real edit system, streaming the content to the iPad in a screen sharing style so that you could edit with a touchscreen. The iPad would merely present a different interface for editing while the real computer did all of the cutting and playback.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    VLC

The ability to stream videos from a network share or USB drive, in codecs other than Apple's limited h.264/.mov family, is the "killer app" for me.