Burn my own DVD. HELP PLEASE!!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I made a movie on IMovie about three years ago and burned it onto a dvd through IDVD. My old hard drive crashed and now I have only the DVD. Is there anyway that I can capture the video file from the DVD. It acts like a normal DVD, that is there is a menu screen etc. There shouldn't be any security measures to bypass considering it is my own movie. Can anyone help? Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    If there's no copy protection, then Disk Utility should be able to do it ... you should be able to create an image from the DVD ... then you can turn around a burn that image to a blank DVD to make copies.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I was hoping to get it in an AVI file or MP4 so I could upload it onto facebook
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by syrinx32123 View Post

I was hoping to get it in an AVI file or MP4 so I could upload it onto facebook

You can't get the clickable menus in an mp4/avi ... but "Handbrake" will rip a DVD into just about any type of format you wish. (Includes lots of presets as well fro general use, or for files targeted to a specific device .)

http://handbrake.fr/
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Or, if you already have the contents of that DVD ripped to your HD, you can convert it using ffmpeg (FREE cross-platform converter), or online via youconvertit.com.