ipod touch with buildin camera?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hello, Guys

I am planning to buy a compact camera soon. But I am wondering if apple will update ipod touch with camera soon? If so, and the camera can also do video (not necessary to be full HD), then I will just buy another ipod touch.

I do know even there is ipod touch with camera buildin coming, it could not replace a compact camera. But I just want something I can take with me everyday and do snapshot as I see and as I want. Plus ipod touch can do much more than compact camera.

So if someone has any info, please share.

I read Engadget for a rumor that this spring, apple will release the buildin camera ipod touch. But I am not sure how reliable that could be.

Please help.

Thanks,

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Most likely between now and September.

I'm still waiting for the FM radio firmware update/app, and rumors about that began 5 months ago.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

Most likely between now and September.

I'm still waiting for the FM radio firmware update/app, and rumors about that began 5 months ago.

Never thought of the radio stuff for ipod touch. It would be a nice feature to have tough.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chinese_ys View Post

Never thought of the radio stuff for ipod touch. It would be a nice feature to have tough.

There were rumors about that for a while after the new Nano was released. Apparently the 2nd gen. and current iPod Touches have FM tuners, which haven't been activated yet.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chinese_ys View Post

Hello, Guys

I am planning to buy a compact camera soon. But I am wondering if apple will update ipod touch with camera soon? If so, and the camera can also do video (not necessary to be full HD), then I will just buy another ipod touch.

I do know even there is ipod touch with camera buildin coming, it could not replace a compact camera. But I just want something I can take with me everyday and do snapshot as I see and as I want. Plus ipod touch can do much more than compact camera.

So if someone has any info, please share.

I read Engadget for a rumor that this spring, apple will release the buildin camera ipod touch. But I am not sure how reliable that could be.

Please help.

Thanks,

If you want a camera, get a camera. The camera on a phone or other device is convenient. But it's not a "real" camera. Even a 12 MP camera on a phone cannot get you anywhere near the results you can get from a $100 compact.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

If you want a camera, get a camera. The camera on a phone or other device is convenient. But it's not a "real" camera. Even a 12 MP camera on a phone cannot get you anywhere near the results you can get from a $100 compact.

Well, you are right and you are wrong here.

I said in my original post, I would need a device either compact camera or ipod touch with builtin camera to be with me all the time. So I can take snapshot as I see and as I want. It will be a visual log thing. If I really want sharp result, I have my nikon dSLR for the job.

Thanks though.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    i think u should not wait for for i pod touch
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Na, I don?t believe Apple would update an already-hot product in the middle of the largest buying season of the year. How many people do you think would have bought the September Touch as a gift, and simply return it to get the latest and greatest? As retail goes, that?s a suicidal move.They would be much better off waiting until at least a few weeks after the new year - long after packages have been opened and new toys played with - to introduced iPod touch 3.5. They?ve done this before a couple of times with iPods, anyway.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Rehana, you can buy digital camera that cool