Disable downloading from Safari

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello Everyone

does anyone know how to disable downloads from Safari 4? The reason is that the hotel that i am doing my internship had recently set up 2 iMacs and wants to prevent downloads so that guests dont download anything that can cause the system to go haywire.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ryuhosuke View Post

Hello Everyone

does anyone know how to disable downloads from Safari 4? The reason is that the hotel that i am doing my internship had recently set up 2 iMacs and wants to prevent downloads so that guests dont download anything that can cause the system to go haywire.

thanks in advance.

So not being able to download anything is not the point. The point is the hotel wants nothing 'new' installed.

Well, first of all, those iMacs need to be set up properly so that users use user accounts without admin privileges! Because most installations require an admin password. If a user doesn't have that admin password he cannot install.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    You need to explain exactly what you mean. There is no way that downloading a file can mess-up a Mac. Applications must first be installed before they can do anything. If you allow guests to access only a guest or restricted account, then they cannot install anything that they download.