Genealogy software

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am looking for snow leopard compatible genealogy software. Are there decent free programs or what are the most popular paid progs? I have checked download.com, but the total number of downloads for their progs are very small.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mfrasermd View Post

I am looking for snow leopard compatible genealogy software. Are there decent free programs or what are the most popular paid progs? I have checked download.com, but the total number of downloads for their progs are very small.

Thanks

Reunion is the genealogy software that all others are measured against. It's also probably the most expensive at $99. I've had it for many years and despite looking at others along the way, still view it the one to have. I would especially consider it if you have a large database as it's been very thoroughly battle tested by professionals over a long time.

http://leisterpro.com/

edit: Yes, it runs under Snow Leopard.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I stopped using genealogy software when I signed up for Ancestry. Something to consider if you're already a member or are considering joining.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I bought MacFamilyTree on deep discount a few months ago.

It looks good and has a lot of features but something about the workflow just doesn't jibe with me.

Reunion is indeed the app that all others should be judged on. I downloaded a demo and while it doesn't look as modern as MacFamilyTree it "feels" better IMO.

I'm also thinking of signing up for an Ancestry.com account.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Here is another vote for Reunion. I have used it through four upgrade cycles, always solid.