n'sync in space...???

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
one of the n'sync faggots is negotiating to go on a russian space mission, as seen via some news station. wtf is wrong w/ this world??? i remember when goin to space was a big acomplishment...

and now a freakin boyband member is gonna go up there??? give me a fuc*ing break...

im getting sick to my stomach over here thinking about this...

let someone whos earned their spot and deserves the opportunity go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 35
    I'm shocked he has the $25 mil to pay for it.
  • Reply 2 of 35
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:

<strong>I'm shocked he has the $25 mil to pay for it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

im sure the ruskies arent charging as much to hitch a ride in their tin cans.
  • Reply 3 of 35
    [quote]Originally posted by _ alliance _:

<strong>one of the n'sync faggots is negotiating to go on a russian space mission, as seen via some news station. wtf is wrong w/ this world??? i remember when goin to space was a big acomplishment...

and now a freakin boyband member is gonna go up there??? give me a fuc*ing break...

im getting sick to my stomach over here thinking about this...

let someone whos earned their spot and deserves the opportunity go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Y would this make you sick? It isn't like they are sending him up because of his accompishments. He is simply a tool for them to earn more money for more research. And why do you use the work faggot? Are you in first grade or born in hick town usa?
  • Reply 4 of 35
    [quote]Originally posted by solo:

<strong>

Y would this make you sick? It isn't like they are sending him up because of his accompishments. He is simply a tool for them to earn more money for more research. And why do you use the work faggot? Are you in first grade or born in hick town usa?</strong><hr></blockquote>

it makes me sick because he doesnt deserve to have such an honor placed on his shoulders. the right to go up in space should be earned. it shouldnt be able to be bought by celebrity status. i someday wish to go to space, and if i ever accomplish that goal, it will be because i earned it and actually have something to offer to the program. what does he have to offer????? a pretty face??? shit dude, i dont give a **** how much money he has or how many preteen gurls love him--he has nothing to offer progress in any way. if NASA ever stoops to this level, i will be more than a little disgusted.

and i use the term faggot because i dislike the guy--is that good enough fer u? yes, i used it as an insult. is that alright? should i choose another derogatory term more to yer liking??? by all means, feel free to throw yer own in.

oh, and fer yer info, i was born in california and actually lived in frisco, so i was hardly born in "hick town." ever heard of East LA...?
  • Reply 5 of 35
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    in a way I agree with alliance.

space is serious. going into space is a serious thing and its not cheap and many have dedicated their lives to get there. Just because some teen idol got a lot of money from his big moment of fame does not mean he should be entitled to go to space if he wishes.

then again, if he's paying 25 million to do it more power to him. he's an ass.
  • Reply 6 of 35
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>in a way I agree with alliance.

space is serious. going into space is a serious thing and its not cheap and many have dedicated their lives to get there. Just because some teen idol got a lot of money from his big moment of fame does not mean he should be entitled to go to space if he wishes.

then again, if he's paying 25 million to do it more power to him. he's an ass.</strong><hr></blockquote>

if i had 25 mil, i would gladly pay for that trip. its an opportunity that just cant be passed up. but then again, i have a stable background in science and astronomy and could actually make a contribution someday. a freakin teen-idol, on the other hand, is useless. he in no way can contribute or further our developement as a species. he is what u call a "dead-end" in the potential of mankind.

sry fer the rant. im done fer now. even college students must sleep sometimes...
  • Reply 7 of 35
    To go into space for that short amount of time just seems like a waste. Even if it were for a few weeks. There are, in my opinion, much better ways to spend money, (besides Macs lol), like helping others. I see nothing wrong with going into space, but for me personally, I would not do it unless it was pretty inexpensive. Then again, I don't even have 100 dollars to my name, so I should just shut up now.
  • Reply 8 of 35
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Space is not a serious thing when anyone can go there for a price.

It's just space, a big space filled with stuff that's too far away to touch or look at properly.
  • Reply 9 of 35
    [quote]Originally posted by _ alliance _:

<strong>one of the n'sync faggots is negotiating to go on a russian space mission, as seen via some news station. wtf is wrong w/ this world???</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wow, are you ever missing the point! This is a good thing. If he gets to go, maybe someday I'll get to go too. Obviously, they are taking just about anybody now. The price will have to come down first, though.
  • Reply 10 of 35
    ferroferro Posts: 453member
    I think it would only serve to degrade the public image of how important space (travel, etc.) is... among the greater whole of society...

But if he wants to foot the bill with a minute $25mil which isnt anything compared to the average lift off anyway... let him... "spoiled brat"... It may start some interest in space travel among some young people... but I doubt it...

Either way I find this just as disturbing as the N'ync in Star Wars... I think it was N'sync...

------------------------------------

© FERRO 2001-2002
  • Reply 11 of 35
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    This is a good thing IMO. Mind you, I do not like n'sync music BUT many young girls and maybe boys do. This may instill an interest in space exploration and research. NASA is being neglected with funds and cutbacks, and I always felt that the next huge step in space exploration/tourism will be brought to us by corporate entities. Remember that story a while back about a hotel company wanting to make a space resort using used up shuttle fuel tanks?
  • Reply 12 of 35
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    good thing? this is a GREAT thing! and forget just sending one up there, send them all! we could all chip in a nickle and sent n' sync in space, where last i checked sound doesn't carry........

i think the ruskies are hookin' us up big time here.
  • Reply 13 of 35
    Could we put them 'N Geosynchronous orbit
  • Reply 14 of 35
    Maybe we can bribe the Ruskies to leave them there? How about if we pool together 60 Mill?
  • Reply 15 of 35
    Naw. They would just take our money and then shoot the kids in the back of the head. Sending them into space is more fun.
  • Reply 16 of 35
    [quote]Originally posted by FERRO:

<strong>I think it would only serve to degrade the public image of how important space (travel, etc.) is... among the greater whole of society...

</strong><hr></blockquote>

thats exactly my point.

most people dont know just how difficult it is to get out there. they take it for granted now, and most dont see the significance of it all.

oh well...societys made up primarily of idiots anyway...
  • Reply 17 of 35
    You people are totally wrong. This is the next step for space travel. Wouldn't it be great if we all could go? Well? We'll never get there as long as we treat it as rocket science off limits to everyone but the chosen few.
  • Reply 18 of 35
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:

<strong>You people are totally wrong. This is the next step for space travel. Wouldn't it be great if we all could go? Well? We'll never get there as long as we treat it as rocket science off limits to everyone but the chosen few.</strong><hr></blockquote>

then let someone at least a slightly bit more deserving go. at least let someone who has a respected career go up there. yes, i wouldnt mind it so much if the person going was a decent figure of society. but n'sync doesnt bring that. its simply a publicity stunt and improper use to fame. as far as im concerned, until they get a respected person to represent us in this next stage of space exploration, then its just a joke...
  • Reply 19 of 35
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>Going into space is a serious thing and its not cheap and many have dedicated their lives to get there. Just because some teen idol got a lot of money from his big moment of fame does not mean he should be entitled to go to space if he wishes.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I agree, apart from one bit, many have LOST their lives in the space race. I think that it is way to early in space flight to put a dumb boyband member out there. He'll probably press the wrong button and undo the airlock.
  • Reply 20 of 35
    Nope. People who can pay should get to go. It how space travel will come to the masses.