Which Mac Book Pro is the right one?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well part of the ordering problem is always - which one to get and then, when? I don't want to know how many sleepless nights Apple's responsible for with that drill. I kept running in circles every 6 to 7 months I admit it ...lol...

Wanted to know which one you chose, and what motivation was behind it - and if you still feel that way.??

Sometimes we just overshoot, spend too much, get rid of an old one we could have used longer, and sometimes it's the opposite.

My own opinion, if anyone cares to know - which factors are relevant to buy a MBP - is posted. Feedback appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    woohoo!woohoo! Posts: 291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macreviewz View Post

Well part of the ordering problem is always - which one to get and then, when? I don't want to know how many sleepless nights Apple's responsible for with that drill. I kept running in circles every 6 to 7 months I admit it ...lol...

Wanted to know which one you chose, and what motivation was behind it - and if you still feel that way.??

Sometimes we just overshoot, spend too much, get rid of an old one we could have used longer, and sometimes it's the opposite.

My own opinion, if anyone cares to know in terms of which factors are relevant to buy a MBP is posted here.

I chose the 15" matte screen because I take it around so many places and can't adjust the environment to eliminate the reflections on the screen. The 17" is way too big.

You might want to wait to buy one, Apple is long overdue for a refresh.

Bought my MacBook Pro and over time increased the hard drive size, RAM and speed to 7,200 RPM for more performance. Use it to manage my large music and photo collection, run 5 other operating systems, just personal use mostly. It's only 3 years old and is pretty solid machine as expected from Apple.

Would advise to cover the arm rests with sticky pads designed for that as a watch can make a mess of it and keep the MacBook Pro in a padded case when not in use to protect it from damage.

Also I advise getting AppleCare, my Superdrive died, but Apple fixed it under the extended warranty.

Also you might think about getting a extra charger for it if you move it around a lot, because it tends to get beat up. I would advise getting another battery, but they are no longer user removable. I had one of those swell on on me too.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Woohoo! View Post

I chose the 15" matte screen because I take it around so many places and can't adjust the environment to eliminate the reflections on the screen. The 17" is way too big.

You might want to wait to buy one, Apple is long overdue for a refresh.

Bought my MacBook Pro and over time increased the hard drive size, RAM and speed to 7,200 RPM for more performance. Use it to manage my large music and photo collection, run 5 other operating systems, just personal use mostly. It's only 3 years old and is pretty solid machine as expected from Apple.

Would advise to cover the arm rests with sticky pads designed for that as a watch can make a mess of it and keep the MacBook Pro in a padded case when not in use to protect it from damage.

Also I advise getting AppleCare, my Superdrive died, but Apple fixed it under the extended warranty.

Also you might think about getting a extra charger for it if you move it around a lot, because it tends to get beat up. I would advise getting another battery, but they are no longer user removable. I had one of those swell on on me too.

agreed - 15" matte a good choice for power users. wasn't an option in teh beginning. what speed are you running?