Android set-top box coming soon

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Yup Google is looking at competing with MSFT and Apple (to a lesser degree Sony) in every category.

Guess it was predictable. Schmidt on Apple's board seems to have been a terrible decision. Can google do it better?

Personally I think not, because they appear to have have no relationships/ a bad relationships with the media corporations (Viacom is looking to sue the hell out of Youtube), they have little experience with devices up until recently and their "partner" Sony is makes or will make their own devices (PSP phone, PSP, Playstation) and thier own store, so I'm not sure how they aren't going to risk alienating that relationship like they have with Moto.

Where am I wrong? Who disagrees? what are their strong suits? This strategy is getting played actually (Desktops, Mobiles, TV) and the whole copy Apple thing is tired IMO. I'm sure we'll se a droid-pad soon too.

On that note, MSFT WP7 also has no multitasking for identical reasons as stated by Apple. "not until it's ready". HA ha to the WM fanboys and to anyone who says they aren't copying Apple's every move.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    I say, "bring it on". I also say, "the more the merrier"... and finally I can say with complete confidence, "he who smelt it dealt it"... or was it "there's more than one way to skin a cat"?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I say, "bring it on". I also say, "the more the merrier"... and finally I can say with complete confidence, "he who smelt it dealt it"... or was it "there's more than one way to skin a cat"?

PeeEww!