How many apps do you have on your i(whatever)?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
It looks like the iPad will have some very wide icon spacing on the home screen, about 24 icons total judging by the product shots, which means users with lots of apps will have to do lots of swiping to change screens to get to them. How many apps do you iPhone and iPod touch users have?

I haven't had an iPhone since the first generation, so I may be behind the times. I think Apple should allow for variable spacing like the icons on an OS X desktop (or icon view Finder window), so you can pack them in tightly if you don't really want to have to keep swiping. They should also allow for user positioning, so you can not only arrange them the way you want them, but actually leave spaces if you want to separate some applications from others for easier identification, again, just like icon view. And finally, swiping is okay, but a tabbed home screen with text labels would be even easier, so you can organize your apps not just on screen 1, 2, 3, etc., but in Utilities, Games, Travel, etc. categories. Even better if you can select a different background for each tab so you quickly know which tab you're in.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Where's the choice for over 200?

And yes, the super wide app spacing on the iPad homescreen is plain idiotic, as is the four widely-spaced docked apps. Somehow, I expect this will be adjustable in iPhone OS 4.0, or iPd OS 2.0, whatever you want to call it.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    It looks like you get five across in landscape mode and four across in portrait.

Hopefully there will be some kind of Infiniboard once this thing is jailbroken to provide endless verticle scrolling.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Where's the choice for over 200?

And yes, the super wide app spacing on the iPad homescreen is plain idiotic, as is the four widely-spaced docked apps. Somehow, I expect this will be adjustable in iPhone OS 4.0, or iPd OS 2.0, whatever you want to call it.

yes im hoping 4.0 brings a pinch to zoom in the edit mode (wiggle mode) for the home screen. Finely resize the icons to have more or less on one screen, and space them closer or further.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    My screens are maxed out on my 3gs w/3.1.3 I have to search for some apps that's not being displayed.