NOW Software goes belly up

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://sites.google.com/site/nowsoftwarecom/

Sad. They've been delivering Mac software for a long time but they kind of screwed the pooch with getting their uber nextgen tools out.

Quote:

Dear Now Software Community:

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to suspend Now Software's day-to-day operations. As many of you know, several years ago we began creating a new product named Now X (code-named "NightHawk"). This was a massive undertaking — too massive for our resources — and the current income to the company isn't sufficient for us to continue development, marketing, sales, and support of our products.

At this point I have released all of Now Software's staff and am beginning the process of working with the courts and our creditors until all is resolved. I've also set up this web site to help support the products and answer questions, to provide a place for existing customers to download the software, and to provide a way for you to contact us.

Over the years I've worked with many great people at Now Software. To all of my friends and co-workers, I thank you all for sharing your time and talents with us in the pursuit of great products. And to our customers, beta testers, resellers, supporters and friends I thank you all for your support and help over the years.

Now it is time to say farewell. Now Software has certainly been one of the treasured times in my career — fun, challenging, demanding, and rewarding. I will certainly miss it.

All my best,

John

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Now Software should be a case study for all Mac developers.

Nighthawk was an extremely promising concept weighed down by one word: cross-platform.

Had Now used their resources to build solely a Mac version, they would have been on-time, on-budget and had a best-in-class solution.

A PC version could have been developed later on.

I wonder if anybody could pick up the remnants of Now and make something of it.

We have a lot of PIMs, but we still don't have a really good competitor to ACT on the platform.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    By the way, I would have posted this in Applications.