iPad Screen Cover

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Does anyone know where to acquire a screen film/protector? The device arrives next week and it seems none are available.

Thanks...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    4phun4phun Posts: 51member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jffcrmr View Post

Does anyone know where to acquire a screen film/protector? The device arrives next week and it seems none are available.

Thanks...

Do you really think it needs a screen protector? IMHO these do more damage to an Apple product than they help because of the high tech nature of the glass used. I have had three Apple iPhones and no problem without a screen protector while older devices didn't last for a couple of hours before showing damage from light scratches.

This experience is beyond phones but covers other devices related to ham radio and hand held PDAs too. My biggest fear other than dropping it onto concrete is getting them wet from spilled drinks. I have a policy that no drinks are allowed above or on the same level at all times.

ki4je
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 4phun View Post

Do you really think it needs a screen protector? IMHO these do more damage to an Apple product than they help because of the high tech nature of the glass used. I have had three Apple iPhones and no problem without a screen protector while older devices didn't last for a couple of hours before showing damage from light scratches.

This experience is beyond phones but covers other devices related to ham radio and hand held PDAs too. My biggest fear other than dropping it onto concrete is getting them wet from spilled drinks. I have a policy that no drinks are allowed above or on the same level at all times.

ki4je

I briefly had a screen protector on the Touch I use every single day, and the screen protector (Capdase) got scratched up and looked like hell within a week. After taking it off, the glass has remained scratch free for half a year.

That said, I bought a silicone iPad case today to protect the back...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I was looking more for a smudge protecting device. My iPhone has one and I love it, and was hoping something similar was available for the iPad, but so far can't find one that can be ordered.