iPad shipping this week?

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
I just got off the phone to my credit card company to be told that Apple has just charged for my iPad purchase. I guess they must be shipping soon.

I just checked my order but the status hasn't been updated yet

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    jwdawsojwdawso Posts: 389member
    My cc has a "Pending" charge for my 64GB 3G, but my order status still says late April.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    I also have a pending charge for my 16GB. I have never been so happy to see a pending charge. Now, the madness begins in earnest.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I've got massive iPad lust, and I can't even order one yet...
  • Reply 4 of 7
    As of 3/25 I also have a "pending" charge on my credit card for the 64GB iPad I ordered.

Does anyone have a guess as to whether the iPad will be shipped directly from China, like the 27" i7 iMac I have, or is there already a supply in-country for April 3 shipping?

Also, I'm curious about the home April 3 delivery date. I selected standard free shipping. FedEx and UPS normally don't do Saturday deliveries for standard shipping where I live. I'm hoping that Apple really did work it out with the delivery company to actually do it Saturday but, while hoping for that, realistically I'm expecting it on Monday. I guess I won't know for sure until it actually ships and I have the tracking number.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Those of you who've seen preauthorizations on your cards, where do you live?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Those of you who've seen preauthorizations on your cards, where do you live?

Seattle area.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OldCodger73 View Post

Seattle area.

In your case, I guessed that somehow.

I see another for MA, a pending charge for late April? Maybe Discover doesn't provide this information online.