The iPad Has Shipped!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Track your pad all during insanity week. Mine has shipped and is in Shenzhen, CN. I apologize to my employer in advance for all the lost productivity this week.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 62
    Lucky you! They don't go on sale here in Japan for another month... Let us know how you like it.
  • Reply 2 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

Track your pad all during insanity week. Mine has shipped and is in Shenzhen, CN. I apologize to my employer in advance for all the lost productivity this week.

How do I do this.... Is there a link somewhere on the Order Summary in the apple store (Don't see one so does this mean my iPad has not shipped yet).
  • Reply 3 of 62
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CoreyNJ View Post

How do I do this.... Is there a link somewhere on the Order Summary in the apple store (Don't see one so does this mean my iPad has not shipped yet).

You'll get a shipping notification e-mail. In this e-mail will be a "track shipment" button, which takes you to the UPS tracking page (in my case, anyway). Or you could use the tracking number supplied in the e-mail and check it manually with the shipper. I've never had a Saturday delivery from UPS so this will be something new.
  • Reply 4 of 62
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Lucky you! They don't go on sale here in Japan for another month... Let us know how you like it.

You are in Japan, yet your location says Southern Paradise I always thought you were in some southern pacific island

I'm not in Japan yet, but I'm moving there before the WiFi+3G launches in the US -Within two weeks from now- I hope it doesn't get delayed past late April in Japan, I really need it for school there.

I wont be taking my iPhone 3G with me, maybe I should get an 8GB iPod touch to hold me out until the iPad WiFi+3G launches. I'm gonna need my apps.
  • Reply 5 of 62
    argeliusargelius Posts: 309member
    I'm still trying to figure out why Apple shipped iPads for Saturday deliver via UPS that doesn't make Saturday deliveries....
  • Reply 6 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Argelius View Post

I'm still trying to figure out why Apple shipped iPads for Saturday deliver via UPS that doesn't make Saturday deliveries....

But they do...

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shi..._delivery.html
  • Reply 7 of 62
    argeliusargelius Posts: 309member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

But they do...

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shi..._delivery.html

I was just assuming Apple wouldn't spring for the extra $$....(and my tracking info isn't up yet). But makes sense now that they would. Gotta love Apple...
  • Reply 8 of 62
    Quote:

I was just assuming Apple wouldn't spring for the extra $$....(and my tracking info isn't up yet). But makes sense now that they would. Gotta love Apple...

I imagine they get favorable deal on shipping from UPS.

My tracking info isn't up yet either, though I got a shipping notice this morning.
  • Reply 9 of 62
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Quote:

I can only imagine that UPS gave Apple a better deal than better deal than FedEx. I'm still holding out hope that they will surprise us with Friday deliveries
  • Reply 10 of 62
    According to the UPS tracking page, my shipment has "experienced an exception."

Quote:

What does it mean when my tracking status says that I've experienced an exception?

If you receive a message that your shipment has experienced an exception, then check the Shipment or Package Progress section in Tracking or Quantum View® Manage for details about changes in delivery schedule. An exception occurs when a package or shipment encounters an unforeseen event, which could result in a change to the expected delivery day. Examples of exception include: address unknown, damage to shipment, or signature not received.

Anybody else? Tracking info doesn't explain much.

Quote:

LOUISVILLE, KY, US\t03/30/2010\t10:54 A.M.\tUPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY

SHENZHEN, CN\t03/29/2010\t6:37 P.M.\tORIGIN SCAN

CN\t03/29/2010\t10:19 P.M.\tBILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

• Reply 11 of 62
    Quote:

According to the UPS tracking page, my shipment has "experienced an exception."

Anybody else? Tracking info doesn't explain much.

Based on shipping status messages I saw when my 3GS was in transit, it means your iPad is now at UPS in Kentucky and will be held there for a few days. After that, it will be shipped to you just in time to arrive 4/3.
  • Reply 12 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by geekaren View Post

Based on shipping status messages I saw when my 3GS was in transit, it means your iPad is now at UPS in Kentucky and will be held there for a few days. After that, it will be shipped to you just in time to arrive 4/3.

This seems to be the general consensus, since the same thing did happen with 3GS pre-order buyers, and I'm reading about many other iPad pre-order customers getting the same message. Some have since seen their shipping status change to a delivery date, but I haven't.
  • Reply 13 of 62
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    LOUISVILLE, KY, US\t03/30/2010\t11:13 A.M.\tUPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY

I also have an exception.
  • Reply 14 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

LOUISVILLE, KY, US\t03/30/2010\t11:13 A.M.\tUPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY

I also have an exception.

I take exception to that!

The mysterious wording "UPS internal activity" conjures up images of UPS employees playing games of catch with the boxes.

Okay, this is obsessive behavior. I confess.
  • Reply 15 of 62
    I'm getting a different message.

SHENZHEN, CN\t03/31/2010\t2:16 A.M.\tTHE SERVICE SELECTED IS NOT AVAILABLE TO THE DESTINATION ADDRESS / DOWNGRADED, FORWARDED TO CONSIGNEE, SELECTED SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE

This is definitely weird. It sounds like I should have opted for Applestore pickup. Anyway, it'll be interest to see what happens and when.
  • Reply 16 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OldCodger73 View Post

I'm getting a different message.

SHENZHEN, CN\t03/31/2010\t2:16 A.M.\tTHE SERVICE SELECTED IS NOT AVAILABLE TO THE DESTINATION ADDRESS / DOWNGRADED, FORWARDED TO CONSIGNEE, SELECTED SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE

This is definitely weird. It sounds like I should have opted for Applestore pickup. Anyway, it'll be interest to see what happens and when.

Your status message appears to have come from the future. Wow.
  • Reply 17 of 62
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:

Wouldn't that have been the current time in Shenzhen, China?
  • Reply 18 of 62
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

China is the future.
  • Reply 19 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Wouldn't that have been the current time in Shenzhen, China?

Date, you mean. Yes, but that's not as much fun.
  • Reply 20 of 62
    Moments ago...

Quote:

LOUISVILLE, KY, US\t03/30/2010\t4:26 P.M.\tBROKERAGE RELEASED SHIPMENT. SHIPMENT IS SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY FOR FURTHER CLEARANCE

Whatever that means. The clearing agency does clearance?

Stop me before I check again!