Bill's Gonna Testify

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/134413794_microsoft02.html"; target="_blank">Click & read</a>.

We probably won't get one of those Perry Mason Moments?. "Yes your honor, I did it, I killed taste, elegance, and usability throughout the computer industry." As a sobbing and broken Bill Gates is led away by a bailiff he turns to the camera and cries piteously: "All I ever wanted was to be like Steve..."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    yo, can you just make a webpage where you can post all your damn links. look at the thread list in this forum. you have like 18 of the top 30 threads :eek:
  • Reply 2 of 11
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Yeah maybe one thread with glurx's links would be more appropriate?

J :cool:
  • Reply 3 of 11
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    This time though, he posted more than just a link. You're making progress, glurx!

PS: What makes me think we're going to get another "I don't understand what the word 'we' means" testimonies? Eat your heart out, Bill Clinton!

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: BuonRotto ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 11
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    "Coerce is such a harsh term...I prefer "suggest" your honor. What exactly do you mean by "MS operating system"? I'm not entirely clear about this, can we use terms everyone understands your honor?"

How about "Dickhead?"

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ? ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 11
    New contest. How many times will Bill slip "freedom to innovate" into the testimony?
  • Reply 6 of 11
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Ooh, that's a good one! What's the time frame? Each sitting or total time on the stand? Including cross examination?

my bet:

83 times
  • Reply 7 of 11
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I'll take the more conservative estimate of 47 times....
  • Reply 8 of 11
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]

<strong>yo, can you just make a webpage where you can post all your damn links. </strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't get it. You seem to be upset that I start subjects and also that I use links. Isn't that the whole purpose of this board?

If the subject of one of my post's doesn't interest you don't click on it. A lot of my posts have link(s).

This portion of the 'net is called the World Wide Web. Links are an essential part of it - get used to it.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    I think what applenut was getting at was the fact that you have a LOT of threads that are just links to intresting sites... what he was suggesting (err rather Jamie was) was that you make one thread called glurx's links or cool sites or something to that affect and you post all of your sites in there thereby makeing the sheer volume of your posts in this forum a whole lot less--i Mean it is hard to see the rest of the threads!!

I'm not telling you how to do anything, it is only a suggestion...

-Paul
  • Reply 10 of 11
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I am almost completely convinced that glurx just cross-posts between here and ArsTechnica. Maybe not, though.

Give 'em hell, Bill!
  • Reply 11 of 11
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>I think what applenut was getting at was the fact that you have a LOT of threads that are just links to intresting sites... what he was suggesting (err rather Jamie was) was that you make one thread called glurx's links or cool sites or something to that affect and you post all of your sites in there thereby makeing the sheer volume of your posts in this forum a whole lot less--i Mean it is hard to see the rest of the threads!!

I'm not telling you how to do anything, it is only a suggestion...

-Paul</strong><hr></blockquote>

If you look back at the threads I've started I think you'll see that they average about the same number of responses as threads started by others. My posts may frequently be "just links", but people nonetheless seem to find them useful/informative. IMO it matters not at all who starts a topic, what matter is whether it's interesting to the AI community generally, and the (hopefully interesting/informative) discussion that ensues.

A thread comprised solely of links I find would work only for links where I don't expect any discussion. The link to the Enron ethics manual at the smoking gun site would be a good example. Most of the threads I start aren't like that though.