iPad: Your Impressions

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitlnoize View Post

3. I have no problem touch typing. I can probably type 75% as fast as on a real keyboard right not (i.e. with very little practice). I expect that to get close to normal after a few weeks. I've also noticed much less hand fatigue than when using my laptop keyboard/touchpad.

I have to correct this one. Touch-typing means keeping your fingertips on the home row of the keyboard and striking all the keys from that position. This is impossible on the iPad keyboard because touching any key fires off that key. The iPad keyboard is still useable, but for those of us who are used to touch-typing, having to hover your fingertips over the home row rather than place them on it, is no small adjustment in technique.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    I think I want to try out pages in the apple store before buying it. I'd like more info on how you interact with files, or some more complete reviews of it.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    What do you mean by interact?

I've used iPad Pages a little bit, mostly moving documents from my Mac to the iPad, to see how they are transferred. What do you need to know?

(Keeping in mind, it costs only $10 to find out for yourself!)
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

I have to correct this one. Touch-typing means keeping your fingertips on the home row of the keyboard and striking all the keys from that position. This is impossible on the iPad keyboard because touching any key fires off that key. The iPad keyboard is still useable, but for those of us who are used to touch-typing, having to hover your fingertips over the home row rather than place them on it, is no small adjustment in technique.

Sorry...I meant typing on the touch screen, obviously. I'll edit my post...

Just trying to say that it's been surprisingly easy to type on, so far...
  • Reply 25 of 25
    cu10cu10 Posts: 294member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davesw View Post

Rofl I just used an rdp client to login remotely to one of my windows 7 pc. This is awesome!

Apple Remote Desktop = Your Mac on Your iPad