Memories of vanished members....

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
How about a thread for reminiscences of former AI posters no longer seen round these parts - living legends like the Installer who have ridden off to cyberpastures new. Personally I find myself wondering what happened to QT, the mystery blonde who once asked The Blue Meanie out on a date in this very forum. I couldn't help but admire her good taste

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Cheetah.

***Duck, hide, plastic surgery, change name***
  • Reply 2 of 38
    Anyone remember her?:

• Reply 3 of 38
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders:

<strong>Anyone remember her?:

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I remember her, she was a web friend of Kate.
  • Reply 4 of 38
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    EriMac, BillGates & friends, THT (still around a bit maybe), gEEk, CDon* . . .
  • Reply 5 of 38
    There was also, powermac G4 the man who took Concorde.
  • Reply 6 of 38
    It is sad, is it not. Oor wee candle flickers for such a short time. We sup frae the common cup o' shared experience in this hall o' mirrors and masquerade, laughing, talking, arguing, till one by one oor heads begin tae nod; the music fails, the laughter falters and we fall upon the sleep o' the just.

ps. I think The Installer may hae been Alice Cooper.
  • Reply 7 of 38
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    Mark!!! Where are you?

Goatie

Phil

Christine

The Installer (Elite Installer, etc)

I don't think Phil has posted at AI since maybe summer of '99.
  • Reply 8 of 38
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    THT made me look stupid.

Damn you, you crafty bastard!
  • Reply 9 of 38
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I miss bashing naim whatever happened to that middle-easter psycho?
  • Reply 10 of 38
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I miss 68K, michaelm8000, and Doctor Gonzo. I think they've all been around some, but not much. And 68k was under different aliases, as usual.
  • Reply 11 of 38
    The reason I asked about Christine was because something fishy about the picture she had submitted by herself here was discovered on a danish Apple site (hosted by our own JLL).

If anyone cares to find out what they can try search for "Christine" in <a href="http://www.mediamac.dk/index.php3?page=forum:,"; target="_blank">this forum</a> (in the field "søgning") and use the internet time machine.
  • Reply 12 of 38
    Ya cant forget such people as MaDtOoL and 68K
  • Reply 13 of 38
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Who can forget some of the 'ancient' AI members like InfiniteJester either?
  • Reply 14 of 38
    Well, The Blue Meanie spake, and lo, The Installer is back:

<a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000465"; target="_blank">http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000465</A>;

Now where's QT?

[ 03-08-2002: Message edited by: The Blue Meanie ]</p>
  • Reply 15 of 38
    Doggone dbl posts

[ 03-08-2002: Message edited by: The Blue Meanie ]</p>
  • Reply 16 of 38
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders:

<strong>The reason I asked about Christine was because something fishy about the picture she had submitted by herself here was discovered on a danish Apple site (hosted by our own JLL).

If anyone cares to find out what they can try search for "Christine" in <a href="http://www.mediamac.dk/index.php3?page=forum:,"; target="_blank">this forum</a> (in the field "søgning") and use the internet time machine.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sørry, Anders, but The Blue Meanie's Danish is a little on the rusty side. Any chance of a translation?
  • Reply 17 of 38
    Do you remember Leonis beloved dog ?
  • Reply 18 of 38
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    RubberDucky

Scudling

PeterB

. . . . .

You have to wonder about people with that much time. I tried trolling once on a certain forum about Hondas, but it just loses its fun so quickly. . .

As for people I actually miss, 68k is probably the big one, primarily because he writes well.

Then there's Worker Bee. . .

- - - -

So Anders, you were Cheetah? Interesting. . . Cheetah seemed to loathe the United States, while you certainly do not seem to loathe the US. That's why he annoyed me so much. He was this Sweedish jerk coming here telling me about why my country is bad. . . . If I thought Sweeden were better I would have moved. . .
  • Reply 19 of 38
    [quote]Originally posted by powerdoc:

<strong>Do you remember Leonis beloved dog ?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Heh. Yes. He was actually one of my few extra personalities here. He was fun to do. "Play with me and give me some food and leave me alone. Moof" I just didn´t know how to evolve him so I left him alone. Didn´t I let him leave Leonis for a better owner or something like that?
  • Reply 20 of 38
    [quote]Originally posted by Splinemodel:

<strong>

So Anders, you were Cheetah? Interesting. . . Cheetah seemed to loathe the United States, while you certainly do not seem to loathe the US. That's why he annoyed me so much. He was this Sweedish jerk coming here telling me about why my country is bad. . . . If I thought Sweeden were better I would have moved. . . </strong><hr></blockquote>

No I wasn´t CHEETAH! I really disliked that guy. He didn´t have his head on straight. We had some huge fights here every time I pointed out flaws in his "logic" about how "everybody" in US (or in Denmark for that matter) are. He even tried to insult me several times (50+) over email.

I even had a "Vote Anders for a cat free forum" or something like that signature on badflamingo aimed at him (and those stupid cat and waterlemon jokes).