mac mini dvi issue

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I plugged a Mini-DVI adapter to my macbook today and when i removed it my computer screen was still is on the external display mode. And couldn't go back no matter how many times i tried to put the Mini-DVI adapter back in and remove it.

I have tried restarting the computer among other things but it cannot seem to be able to switch back to is normal look/display mode. The only way it looked normal was when i restarted the comp in safe mode. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ragskanyi View Post

I plugged a Mini-DVI adapter to my macbook today and when i removed it my computer screen was still is on the external display mode. And couldn't go back no matter how many times i tried to put the Mini-DVI adapter back in and remove it.

I have tried restarting the computer among other things but it cannot seem to be able to switch back to is normal look/display mode. The only way it looked normal was when i restarted the comp in safe mode. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem.

As a workaround, you can put it in mirroring mode.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ragskanyi View Post

Hello and Welcome.

Not sure about this but try going into Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences. Move the file "com.apple.windowserver.plist" to your desktop and restart. A new plist will be generated.