Adobe previews GPU acceleration support for Flash in Mac OS X

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

If true, the results are even more lame.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/28/a...sults-may-var/

It's actually WORSE on the i5 system? And even on the i7, it still requires 50% CPU?

Pretty dismal results if they've actually had this in the lab for a while (which, presumably, they have).

Yeah i was just going to say...

I have the MBP i5 and Flash is a LOT slower!? Like it is barely usable on some videos now.

Um, wtf. I like what Flash can do. I just don't get why a huge company like Adobe can't make a friggin' video player that doesn't skip and bring modern dual-core CPUs to their knees with 4 gigs of RAM. After years and years of having a Mac player. That's kind of nuts, what do they have like 0.5 people working on the Mac player? Like, they have the janitor working on it every other week?
  • Reply 22 of 25
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    I'm using it, playing a video on Facebook using Safari and my cpu usage is 15% temp 56C.

BUT, other things don't work properly, Farmville is unplayable, the new Flash sections of mafia wars are also unplayable, it's like the Flash sections don't know where they should be when other elements should be layered above them on a page.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I'm using it, playing a video on Facebook using Safari and my cpu usage is 15% temp 56C.

BUT, other things don't work properly, Farmville is unplayable, the new Flash sections of mafia wars are also unplayable, it's like the Flash sections don't know where they should be when other elements should be layered above them on a page.

No more Zynga? So you will be thanking Adobe??
  • Reply 24 of 25
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Nope I do the Flash parts (of Mafia Wars) on my iPhone, the old way still exists as an alternative.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

No more Zynga? So you will be thanking Adobe??

• Reply 25 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Nope I do the Flash parts (of Mafia Wars) on my iPhone, the old way still exists as an alternative.

Farmville and Mafiawars are the heroin of the Internet.