So how much have you spent on App Store apps ?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
This will tell you.

http://wetfish.de/software/app-store-expense-monitor/

I've spent $408. I'm a bit surprised by that.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Does it keep track of when the price changed? Most of my stuff has been picked up as "app of the day" so they were free but later went back up to their regular price.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Does it keep track of when the price changed? Most of my stuff has been picked up as "app of the day" so they were free but later went back up to their regular price.

I'll take a look and see if it just lists your apps and matches them with "current" pricing.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    I get email receipts and add up the totals. Mine comes to $160 (£105) over 18 months.

I do feel the urge to keep buying apps to add value to the device but I don't have time to sift through all the junk on the App Store so I usually just search for EA or Gameloft games and buy some Stanza books now and again.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Phew

This app goes off of today's pricing and if you've been gifted apps it counts then as well. I corrected the obviously wrong pricing and I dropped to a more palatable $363.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    That is still a crapload of money to spend on apps. I hope a few of them were at least expensive and specialized. I tried it and it had me at $59. I ran the ones I had actually paid for and it was right at $20.

I'm thankful it isn't too bad. I'm waiting for the iPhone 4HD (or whatever letters it gets assigned) but at the same time if anything about it or the costs associated with it are sub-par or uncompetitive, I very much have my eye on the Droid Incredible. I went and played with one today at a Verizon store and it made my iPhone feel like a complete toy. So obviously the next iPhone with 4.0 will step it up.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I have spent an estimated $2,000 on apps/iTunes since 2006.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    No crappy little apps, but about $8000 worth of music.

Some might find this poll interesting

http://www.macpolls.com/?poll_id=577

hmurchison, you are certainly in the minority area.