A MacBook Pro & Myspace question:

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello there

I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem....

I am completely unable to log into my Myspace account from my MacBook. Is anyone else having this problem? (i know - who uses Myspace anymore anyway? )

As you can tell, I am pretty tech challenged! I'm not even sure I'm asking this question in the right forum!

I't driving me bananas.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    dayrobotdayrobot Posts: 133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by impsniffer View Post

Hello there

I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem....

I am completely unable to log into my Myspace account from my MacBook. Is anyone else having this problem? (i know - who uses Myspace anymore anyway? )

As you can tell, I am pretty tech challenged! I'm not even sure I'm asking this question in the right forum!

I't driving me bananas.

Thanks in advance.

So you CAN log in on other computers?

What are the symptoms, anyway?

If you give us a bit more specific info, we should be able to get to the bottom of it...

Dan
  • Reply 2 of 10
    ....you are a prince among men, says me!

As requested....

The symptoms:

Every time I type in my password in the 'password' box (underneath the 'email' box), it redirects me right back to the log in page. This happens over and over until I give up with a familiar sigh of resignation.

I cant even contact the host webmaster person by email....'cause one must be logged in to do this, it seems.

Utter poopage!

(did that make any sense?)

Oh, and yes ~ i *am* able to log in from my friends pc & my iphone.

But this conundrum has me baffled and loopy! \

Does that help attall?

~ impsniffer

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DayRobot View Post

So you CAN log in on other computers?

What are the symptoms, anyway?

If you give us a bit more specific info, we should be able to get to the bottom of it...

Dan

• Reply 3 of 10
    Hey

Sorry about taking such a long break... Been busy

I'm on my iPod right now, so I can't post a precise walkthru, but that sounds like it may be a cookie problem. So, what you can do is to go into preferences and clear all cookies. But that will make you have to log in manually on every web site, so it might be better to delete the MySpace cookie manually. I'll have to check where Safari on Mac keeps it's cookies, cause I'm not sure right now.

If deleting the cookie and restarting safari doesn't help, clear all cookies and restart safari. If that also fails, clear cache as well (thru preferences box). If that still doesn't work, download Chrome or Firefox

Dan

P.S. I'll be back tomorow... I hope this helps at least a bit
  • Reply 4 of 10
    A cookie problem.

I'm gonna check and see....

Be back.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Hey

Sorry about taking such a long break... Been busy

I'm on my iPod right now, so I can't post a precise walkthru, but that sounds like it may be a cookie problem. So, what you can do is to go into preferences and clear all cookies. But that will make you have to log in manually on every web site, so it might be better to delete the MySpace cookie manually. I'll have to check where Safari on Mac keeps it's cookies, cause I'm not sure right now.

If deleting the cookie and restarting safari doesn't help, clear all cookies and restart safari. If that also fails, clear cache as well (thru preferences box). If that still doesn't work, download Chrome or Firefox

Dan

P.S. I'll be back tomorow... I hope this helps at least a bit

Dear dear Day...... No 'sorry' is needed. Ever. Being busy is a fine way to be....

I'm appreciative of any, and all help - no matter when it lands in front of my face.

I've just returned from a wacky 4 day excursion myself, and am far too tired to raid my laptop pantry for wayward MySpace cookies.

(read: have to figure out exactly how to extract the vexing bastards with the fumbling tweezers of techno-inequity!)

So, it's off to pillow-town for me....

(Those cookies better watch their pompous asses tomorrow morning though...)

~ impsniffer
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Dear dear Day...... No 'sorry' is needed. Ever. Being busy is a fine way to be....

I'm appreciative of any, and all help - no matter when it lands in front of my face.

I've just returned from a wacky 4 day excursion myself, and am far too tired to raid my laptop pantry for wayward MySpace cookies.

(read: have to figure out exactly how to extract the vexing bastards with the fumbling tweezers of techno-inequity!)

So, it's off to pillow-town for me....

(Those cookies better watch their pompous asses tomorrow morning though...)

~ impsniffer

Ummkay... it actually seems much easier than i thought

You open Safari, then click "Edit" in the menu bar.

Select "Preferences", which will be the last thing in the list.

Click on the "Security" tab in the Preferences window that just came up.

Click "Show Cookies", which will bring up another window.

In the search box at the top, type "myspace", and if hopefully all cookies shown say "myspace" and not mixed with another site, just click "Remove All", then confirm. Click "Done"to exit the window. Close Preferences.

Restart Safari and try logging into Myspace again.

Hopefully this should work. If not, let me know

Dan
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

Ummkay... it actually seems much easier than i thought

You open Safari, then click "Edit" in the menu bar.

Select "Preferences", which will be the last thing in the list.

Click on the "Security" tab in the Preferences window that just came up.

Click "Show Cookies", which will bring up another window.

In the search box at the top, type "myspace", and if hopefully all cookies shown say "myspace" and not mixed with another site, just click "Remove All", then confirm. Click "Done"to exit the window. Close Preferences.

Restart Safari and try logging into Myspace again.

Hopefully this should work. If not, let me know

Dan

How can I thank you?

That worked perfectly!

I really am moved to think that a total stranger - (that'd be you ) - would take the time and effort to help me - (a total dweeb) - out with this conundrum.

Thank you SO much!

If you ever need a thorn pulled from your foot, please...... allow me!

Peace,

~ Lisa
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by michellflaver View Post

whenever you start browsing its better to clear all cookies.If not do refresh of the current page and enter the myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=splash in address bar.hope this may help you....

Much appreciated!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

How can I thank you?

That worked perfectly!

I really am moved to think that a total stranger - (that'd be you ) - would take the time and effort to help me - (a total dweeb) - out with this conundrum.

Thank you SO much!

If you ever need a thorn pulled from your foot, please...... allow me!

Peace,

~ Lisa

Glad to have helped

As someone who's been doing tech support for years, i don't think twice about it... A lot of the tech is built by engineers for engineers (and takes an engineer to understand in detail), so it's only natural for the average person to be lost at times.

Apple is usually the exception, but even there, one might need to know where to look.

Anyway, if you need anything else, please come back and post here, or ask me personally. Just post in the Genius Bar next time, because General is more of a tech lounge type forum section

Dan
  • Reply 10 of 10
    ayyefooayyefoo Posts: 1member
    Hello There.

Well Ofcource i have a myspace,

and i Always have to tell my friend to custimize

and edit my myspace profile. and i really dont want to

bother her anymore. I keep on trying to edit my myspace profile

and since i have MacBook Pro, i have a myspace 2.0 profile.

and i do everthing i used to do with my old computer. this is what i used to do.

1. Log In and go to Profile.

2. There will be a Custimize Profile button. Click On it.

3. Click on No Theme.

4. Click on CSS.

5. Paste the CSS code of the profile you will like too change for your myspace profile.

6. Click Finish.

It used to work when i had a computer and the computer wasn't a Apple.

Now since i got a MacBook Pro Laptop. I dont know what is wrong. Can you please help me?