At Least Apple Wireless Keyboard To Be Supported By iPhone 3G Under iPhone OS 4.0

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Good Day!

My question is:

Is it possible to ask Apple add a "test-drive" support for at least Apple Wireless Keyboards it the following iPhone OS 4.0 beta 4 for iPhone 3G Users? It would be quite nice, really). I know perfectly, that this is a matter of APPLE's marketing policy, but maybe a kind of compromise can be found for old 3G users?)

The compromise is: To let 3G users connect externally only Apple Wireless Keyboards and as now let 3GS users use all kinds of Bluetooth keyboards)...

Could you comment upon my message?

Best Regards, gheorge.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gheorge View Post

Good Day!

My question is:

Is it possible to ask Apple add a "test-drive" support for at least Apple Wireless Keyboards it the following iPhone OS 4.0 beta 4 for iPhone 3G Users? It would be quite nice, really). I know perfectly, that this is a matter of APPLE's marketing policy, but maybe a kind of compromise can be found for old 3G users?)

The compromise is: To let 3G users connect externally only Apple Wireless Keyboards and as now let 3GS users use all kinds of Bluetooth keyboards)...

Could you comment upon my message?

Best Regards, gheorge.

So we can't hook a keyboard or mouse to an iPhone after years of development. That's pretty stupid. Can it hook to external display? If not that is equally dumb. I am going to get one when 4G comes out. I'd like to use it as a mini-computer/PDA. I hope I can use a keyboard with the 4G. The iPhones I've played with...damnit touchscreen keyboards suck. No tactile feedback. Now don't get me wrong, flinging stuff around with gestures is sweet. I'm already geared up for it since my MBP 2010 has inertial scrolling and it's so awesome. But the pace of development for the iPhone OS itself has been pathetic. I hope for big things with 4.0 and iPhone 4G. Multitasking was key. But things like having a folder to put files in and having a PDF reader I just can't believe it doesn't have basic crap like that. Android is getting good really, really fast. Very tempting...as I'm currently Verizon...I'll switch if iPhone 4 is awesome. If not, Droid.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    gheorgegheorge Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jimitrott View Post

Yes, it can be possible to ask apple to add a test drive on support for at least apple wireless keyboards.

How To? I've already posted my request to this feature in bugreport as "New Feature", but they marked it duplicated... I think they're gonna ignore this...