Mac has unbleviable value

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So I have a 15" Macbook pro. About 4.5 years old. This was one of the first all silver macbook pros. 2.16 core 2.

I decided to put it on ebay and see what I can get for it. It sold for $825. A 4 year old machine!!!

So I decided to get one of the new 13" macbook pro's the upgrade is costing me about $400.

Just thought I would share my success story

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    People often don't factor that into the cost of Apple products. Higher value products = higher resale value. The initial cost is high but when you average it out, assuming you don't have major repairs to deal with, they aren't too bad.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    benalexebenalexe Posts: 30member
    I am just hope in the end it was a smart decision. My upgrade was an inexpensive $400 but I hope I notice a decent increase in speed and I hope I do not miss the 15" monitor.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Yup

People tend to keep their Macs especially when they have Intel based units. Now if you have a PPC unit you're probably not going to fetch much but any Intel based Mac (which can run Snow Leopard no problems) is going to bring in some surprising money if you live anywhere near a larger city.

It is a hidden benefit of buying a Mac that people don't know. I wouldn't touch a 4 yr old PC but a 4 yr old Mac is a different proposition.