the battery of my macbook pro 13 inch doen't last 10 hours

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
How come apple say it last up to 10 hours ?

I tried in different situations, the maximum time was 6 hours with the lowest brightness and wifi off ,blue tooth off ,

can anybody tell me that my laptop has problem or it is normal ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    stevegmustevegmu Posts: 539member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amir_hma View Post

How come apple say it last up to 10 hours ?

I tried in different situations, the maximum time was 6 hours with the lowest brightness and wifi off ,blue tooth off ,

can anybody tell me that my laptop has problem or it is normal ?

Take it back, as it is clearly defective.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    Check your Energy Saver System Preferences and set the hard drive to sleep for the Battery.

Also if you got a 7,200 RPM drive somehow, it will shorten the battery life.

Charge it up, turn off sleep and screen saver (or blank screen) and see how long it lasts without doing anything.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    user23user23 Posts: 199member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

Check your Energy Saver System Preferences and set the hard drive to sleep for the Battery.

Also if you got a 7,200 RPM drive somehow, it will shorten the battery life.

Charge it up, turn off sleep and screen saver (or blank screen) and see how long it lasts without doing anything.

sorry, not true...re: your assertion that a 7,200 rpm drive will shorten battery life....

I'd post some links for you, but googling will pull up far too many.

my own MBP 13" 2.66 (just purchased a couple of weeks ago) gets ridiculous battery life in the same conditions you are talking about. My PC-owning laptop friends are more than jealous.

wish I could help more.