Airport issues since yesterday's update

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have a 13" Macbook Pro, the first of those which were called "Pro," bought last summer. Since yesterday's software update, I can only turn Airport off by selecting "Open Network Preferences" and selecting "Turn Airport Off" there. Simply clicking on the signal strength icon and choosing "Turn Airport Off" does nothing.

Another quirk: if I click on the signal strength icon and select "Join Other Networks," "Show Networks" will be unselectable, light-grey.

Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I cannot get my Dreamweaver CS 3 or Dreamweaver CS 4 applications to work correctly anymore on both my iMac and MacPro since this update.

As for Airport issues....On both machines I ran through the Verify Permissions and there were a slew of Airport permissions issues. I fixed them, supposedly, but it made no difference with Dreamweaver.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    rob_06rob_06 Posts: 75member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThunderMex View Post

I cannot get my Dreamweaver CS 3 or Dreamweaver CS 4 applications to work correctly anymore on both my iMac and MacPro since this update.

As for Airport issues....On both machines I ran through the Verify Permissions and there were a slew of Airport permissions issues. I fixed them, supposedly, but it made no difference with Dreamweaver.

Try repairing the permission as the new java update screws a few permissions associated with the system folder and java once repaired all should be good. Also check the HD for errors as these will also cause problems.

As for the airport issues can you lets know more info on what is happening and is there any error logs for the airport.

I am thinking you may more likely have a corrupted plist/preference file as these can cause things not to work correctly.

I have an airport extreme the latest model and have had no such issues with it since the java update.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    My own problems have mysteriously corrected themselves.