HELP on buying 3GS - what will I miss?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
My wife and I are considering grabbing two of the current iPhone 3GS 16G phones while we can still get the $30 data plan from AT&T.

But, one thing we want to do is access web sites and see their content.

I'm concerned that the "no flash" rule may rise up and disappoint me.

Please comment, as I have to act fast.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by arklab View Post

My wife and I are considering grabbing two of the current iPhone 3GS 16G phones while we can still get the $30 data plan from AT&T.

But, one thing we want to do is access web sites and see their content.

I'm concerned that the "no flash" rule may rise up and disappoint me.

Please comment, as I have to act fast.

There really is no point rushing at this stage just to get the $30 data plan, because you're not sure what you want to do with it, whether you want Flash, etc.

The latest iPhone will probably be announced in just over a day's time.

Wait and see. DO NOT RUSH.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

There really is no point rushing at this stage just to get the $30 data plan, because you're not sure what you want to do with it, whether you want Flash, etc.

The latest iPhone will probably be announced in just over a day's time.

Wait and see. DO NOT RUSH.

I absolutely agree, wait and see what Jobs has in store for his new smartphone. Besides, the new iPhone might be release in a short time after the WWDC 2010 conference.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    arklabarklab Posts: 37member
    Well, thanks fellows.

But I do feel that there is much to lose with the limited data plan.

In fact if I couldn't have it, I'd dump AT&T - which is starting to feel a lot like the Verison that I dumped many years ago to go to Cingular.

An attitude of it being a privilege and honor just to be able to use their network.

Phew ... sorry for that, back on track now.

Happily I found a way out - by buying two 3GS phones yesterday.

From the AT&T store there is a price drop guarantee for the 30 days, so the phones may only cost $100 each.

I get in on the $175 early termination fee (not $350) if Apple comes up with something much better for their fifth gen phone.

And after considering, the fourth gen phone doesn't look like it offers that much more.

That Droid Evo is another matter, though.

But not now.

Thanks again.