A little nostalgia...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

<a href="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,49394,00.html"; target="_blank">http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,49394,00.html</a>;

This article is so true!

Who else here is in my age group (30-40) and spent the 70's waking up, pouring a big bowl of Froot Loops or Trix and watching the SuperFriends, The Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner Show ("...oh what heights we'll hit..."), Schoolhouse Rock, the Hanna-Barbera stuff, etc.

Man, talk about the "good old days"!

I remember spilling quite a bit of milk in the kitchen, trying to make my own cereal at 4-5 years old, so I wouldn't have to wake up and bug my parents! Then I'd get all hopped-up on sugar, watch 4-5 hours of cartoons (cool ones too!), then go outside and find the biggest mud puddle I could splash into, or build a ramp from plywood and a cinder block so I could be a little Evel Knievel disciple.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    You 70s freaks missed out on The Smurfs.

Fruity Pebbles + Saturday Morning 'Toons = heaven
  • Reply 2 of 12
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 3 of 12
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Current kids are missing out. It WAS a ritual ...one that I loved. There was closure...after your fav toons were done you got up and did something else. Unfortunately nowadays your kids will KNOW that toons are available at ALL time during the day. The Magic is gone. Oh well life goes on...guess we all have our slice of life.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Well I did all that in the 80s and 90s so...
  • Reply 5 of 12
    For some reason that little boy named Mike who would eat anything sticks in my mind. Wasn't that Life cereal??
  • Reply 6 of 12
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    And McDonald's commercials with the Fry Guys...which looked like colored mops...

or the Kool-Aid man bursting through brick walls shouting "Oh Yeah!"

Frosted Flake and Kool-Aid commercials always had the coolest sports too...like dirt biking and other extreme sports.

The ABC Weekend Special with Captain O. G. Readmore? The Secret World of Og and The Littles?

Bionic Six, C.O.P.S, Captain N? Hahaha...

Dungeons and Dragons, Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids??

Heathcliff? Alvin and the Chipmunks?? MASK?

Cheesy LDS commercials..."Who broke my windooooow?" "Why is my stomach all nervous and queeeeasy??"

I miss the PBS shows the most...Square One, 3-2-1 Contact, Newton's Apple, Voyage of the Mimi (with Ben Affleck... ahahhahahaha)

"Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Zoology...Science and Technology, it's fun you'll see!"
  • Reply 7 of 12
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Yes it was the good old days with scoobidou, tex avery, goldorak, captain flam ...

There was a period for toons and therefore it was finish : have to do something else.

Now, there is toons all days longs, if i wont bark like a fool, my kids will be in front of TV (even if they did not watch it realy) all day longs.

This is the next generation.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    The Smurfs were tight. I would watch that show all the time.

Anyone remember that big ship with all the cartoon characters? The there's Yogi, Heman, Scooby Doo, Muppet Babies, Johnny Quest, who else am I forgetin&gt; Now THOSE were the days!
  • Reply 9 of 12
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Duck Tales! Tail Spin!

Heathcliff Heathcliff no one should terrorize the neighborhood oooooooohhh ohhhhhh ohhhhh

Darkwing Duck.

• Reply 10 of 12
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    &lt;--- Sleeps through 'toons
  • Reply 11 of 12
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    I remember when I was really little, I used to do that too.. I'd love Kix or Fruity Pebbles or Cocoa Krispies, and watch some He-Man and The Smurfs and Inspector Gadget.. god, I have a bad memory. But other stuff too