Need help adapting scanner to mac

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a canon canoscan fb320p which i love and i want to use it with my new (used) mac and am looking for a way to convert the pinny things (pc comp) to mac compat. Someone suggested a belkin f5u002 but i cannot find any info to support that. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ntessintessi Posts: 2member
    I have a canon canoscan fb320p which i want to use with my new (used) mac.

Someone said belkin f5u002 might help convert pinny things to mac.

But.....i cannot find info anywhere to qualify this. Anyone know?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ntessi View Post

I have a canon canoscan fb320p which i love and i want to use it with my new (used) mac and am looking for a way to convert the pinny things (pc comp) to mac compat. Someone suggested a belkin f5u002 but i cannot find any info to support that. Anyone have any ideas?

Canon does not support the CanoScan FB320P under any version of MacOS or MacOS X. The popular shareware VueScan utility does not support this model. The open source TWAIN SANE scanner project, however, provides basic support for the CanoScan FB320P.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    Quote:

I have a canon canoscan fb320p which i want to use with my new (used) mac.

Someone said belkin f5u002 might help convert pinny things to mac.

But.....i cannot find info anywhere to qualify this. Anyone know?

Visit canon support

http://www.usa.canon.com/home

What Mac do you have and the version of the OS running on it?

Explain your need a bit clearer.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:

I have a canon canoscan fb320p which i love and i want to use it with my new (used) mac and am looking for a way to convert the pinny things (pc comp) to mac compat.

You mean convert Parallel pins to USB. They won't work on Mac OS X as you'd still need the device driver to work.

Quote:

Someone suggested a belkin f5u002 but i cannot find any info to support that.

That adaptor is meant for the classic Mac OS to support parallel printers over USB.

Quote:

Anyone have any ideas?

Buy a new scanner. No mater how much you like the ancient decade-old parallel printer, brand new ones are far better and really cost next to nothing. You even get ones that don't need a power supply, you just plug it into the USB port. You also get all-in-one printers with scanners and it works as a photocopier.

Don't waste your time getting a parallel printer to work. You moved to a new machine, you need to get some new peripherals to go with it.