AT&T iphone return quetion

c64c64
Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I purchased a iphone 3gs from bestbuy on 6/3/10 to lock in $30 data plan, then return the Iphone to bestbuy for the new iphone 4. Already called bestbuy on there return policy.

This is my dilemma. I read that apple will be taking pre-orders on 6/15 and bestbuy didn't get any notice on pre-orders, just that they will be getting theiphone on 6/24(also read that bestbuys will only be getting around 45 each store). So I was thinking of just pr-ordering a iphone 4 on apple's website then return the iphone 3gs to bestbuy when my iphone 4 arrives.

So my questions are, since i still within my 30 day return policy with at&t do i have to return and replace the iphones through bestbuy or can i purchase a iphone 4 online and return still get the 2yr discount since i'm under at&t 30 day return policy.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    arklabarklab Posts: 37member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by c64 View Post

I purchased a iphone 3gs from bestbuy on 6/3/10 to lock in $30 data plan, then return the Iphone to bestbuy for the new iphone 4. Already called bestbuy on there return policy.

This is my dilemma. I read that apple will be taking pre-orders on 6/15 and bestbuy didn't get any notice on pre-orders, just that they will be getting theiphone on 6/24(also read that bestbuys will only be getting around 45 each store). So I was thinking of just pr-ordering a iphone 4 on apple's website then return the iphone 3gs to bestbuy when my iphone 4 arrives.

So my questions are, since i still within my 30 day return policy with at&t do i have to return and replace the iphones through bestbuy or can i purchase a iphone 4 online and return still get the 2yr discount since i'm under at&t 30 day return policy.

I'm pretty sure you must return to the same store you bought it from.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    c64c64 Posts: 33member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by arklab View Post

I'm pretty sure you must return to the same store you bought it from.

I know i have to return the 3gs to bestbuy, but do I have to purchase the new iphone from bestbuy? can i pre-order from apple online and will it give me the 2yr discount?