Apple creates dev app to monitor App Store sales

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Apple has released a new app for developers called iTunes Connect Mobile to allow them to monitor their App Store sales on the go.

Apple says the new app "allows developers to access their sales and trend data from iTunes Connect. You can now view your daily and weekly sales data related to updates, paid and free apps as well as In-App purchases.

"Whether at the office, at home or on the go, iTunes Connect Mobile keeps you informed about your sales numbers right on your iPhone or iPod touch."

The new app for iOS devices is tailored for iPhone and iPod touch; it works on iPads but does not yet take any special advantage of its larger screen.

A review of the new app in iTunes complains that the app only shows unit sales and does not present actual revenues, but other reviews expressed appreciation for the app in tracking sales from mobile devices.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    monstrositymonstrosity Posts: 2,234member
    Ah finally! I have been waiting for this.

EDIT: Just had a play. I like it.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    pt123pt123 Posts: 696member
    Any reason why a developer couldn't just go to a website to do this? Other than bumping up the number of apps in the app store?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    bcodebcode Posts: 141member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pt123 View Post

Any reason why a developer couldn't just go to a website to do this? Other than bumping up the number of apps in the app store?

If you had access to iTunes Connect (the developer web app from Apple), you'd know how laughable that statement really is. Also, it would be nice to have this data on my phone, even if I don't have internet or cell coverage - I still have the data.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Sounds more addictive than Plants vs. Zombies.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Finally. I actually submitted a request for such app to Apple early this ear. The graphs are nice. I don't know why Apple don't have similar graphs in iTunes Connect though.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Thanks Apple!
  • Reply 7 of 10
    rasti-rasti- Posts: 34member
    Although it's a nice move from Apple, I have to admit that our app "iSold Apps Today" is a better way to check your daily sales.

You can freely install it in your iPhone by downloading our source code.

http://www.isoldapps.com
  • Reply 8 of 10
    I personally use and prefer App Sales Mobile: http://github.com/omz/AppSales-Mobile
  • Reply 9 of 10
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Screenshots don't reveal that much. I'm assuming every possible aspect of sales are included in this app:

all ratings

region specific ratings

product returns

region specific returns

number of customers who downloaded updates

purchases via ads

in app purchases

average length of time of app use (based on app deletion date)

...that kind of detail
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The new app for iOS devices is tailored for iPhone and iPod touch; it works on iPads but does not yet take any special advantage of its larger screen.

It's starting to irritate me that Apple does not release universal versions of it's own apps....