Help me buy a macbook please

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I want a 13 inch macbook pro. Simple enough, however,i think i want to wait for the next product cycle. My reasons:

1. Core 2 duo is aged...

2. HDMI out?

Thats it. it really is getting old, but im also getting a little figity about getting a macbook, i want one so bad!! Help alleviate my pain, do i buy now, or wait for goods?

Whats coming, when is it coming? Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    stevegmustevegmu Posts: 539member
    They were just updated, so you are probably looking at 6 months for a refresh.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Admittedly I don't know very much about computers and yet I want to buy a macbook pro.

I'm considering the two 13 inch models, but I was wondering if someone could explain how much of a difference it is between a 250GB serial ATA hard drive and a 320GB drive.

Is the difference worth the extra 200 bones?

much appreciated
  • Reply 3 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bgeffen View Post

I'm considering the two 13 inch models, but I was wondering if someone could explain how much of a difference it is between a 250GB serial ATA hard drive and a 320GB drive.

Is the difference worth the extra 200 bones?

No it's not worth the difference. You get a 10% faster CPU and you get the 320GB hard drive as an option for $50 on the lower model. Paying $200 for that upgrade isn't worth it at all. Just get the lower one and if you need the bigger drive, spend $50 more.

250GB should be enough for most things but add up your current media collections and files and weigh up whether you want Windows/Bootcamp too.