Game Centre, Rotate Photo and in-page videos

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
the game center app, rotate photo in the photos app and in-page videos in safari (to name a few) were all promised by jobs to make it into 4.0...

So where are they?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Game Center is a developer beta until later this year.

Rotate photos is conspicuously absent, as in page QuickTime/HtML5. Perhaps they decided that in page videos was pointless on a 3.5" screen.

As for rotate photo...I can't think of a use for it. What would you rotate? I suppose U could rotate, then zoom crop an imagine, but it would ruin iPhone cam photos and would likely be done already to photos from the comp.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    joe hsjoe hs Posts: 488member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Game Center is a developer beta until later this year.

Rotate photos is conspicuously absent, as in page QuickTime/HtML5. Perhaps they decided that in page videos was pointless on a 3.5" screen.

As for rotate photo...I can't think of a use for it. What would you rotate? I suppose U could rotate, then zoom crop an imagine, but it would ruin iPhone cam photos and would likely be done already to photos from the comp.

Thanks for the info on game center, I didn't know that untill now. Personaly I think in page videos would be useful because when I exit safari while watching a movie, and later return to safari I'm taken to the page before the QuickTime mini-app and the user is forced to tap the play button (which opens the QT mini app) and scrub to the correct place to continue watching the video.

A landscape screengrab from an iPhone appears as a portrait photo in the camera roll, and has to be rotated in a 3rd party app then saved to the camera roll to be in the correct orientation. that's one use I came up with on the spot.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    joe hsjoe hs Posts: 488member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kysee View Post

Hi!

I am looking for a games that my little sister can play using my iphone. Is there any you can

recommend? She is 7 years old.

-----------------------------------------

iPhone to PC - Free technical support and lifelong update with TRANSFER POD, the software for quick and easy transferring of files. It supported all the models of iPod.

I couldn't recommend anything personally. have you tried looking through the top 25 in the different categories of games to see if anything interests her (or you :P)
  • Reply 4 of 4

if you want to rotate photo , i suggest you to put your photos to the imaging sdk to do rotation and then put them back, this is free, i think this way is easy and more convenient as well.  i always do it in this way, you can have a try.