To get an Iphone 4 or wait?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hello

I have a question in light of the antenna problem that seems to be plaguing the new iphone

Should I get an iphone 4 when my preorder comes in to Radio Shack or wait? Do you feel that even though Apple has stated that the antenna issue is not really an issue, they will "quietly" do a redesign or something to help solve the issue, and thus waiting to get one would be good?

1) I have an iphone 3gs

2) My understanding from all of the posts is that Apple has "officially" stated the antenna issue is not a problem with their phone, but phones in general.

3) therefore it does not "appear" that they will officially do anything about it.

4) I was going to buy a case anyway. Not the bumper, but a third party case, and it is my understanding that this will solve the issue.

5) Still I feel slighted by Apple's handling of the issue.

Thanks for your input

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I personally think the antenna issue is overblown. I have a pre-order AT&T screwed up, but it's supposed to be available Tue, 6/29.

Even though I have a perfectly good 3GS, I'm going ahead and getting the iPhone 4. Besides, I usually talk with a quality headset on and my phone in my pocket, because I find it easier to hear and not be distracted.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Anyone who is overly concerned about their iPhone 4 and possible problems should just trade it to me for my iPhone 3G. I'll even throw in a couple coupons to Der Wienerschnitzel to make it a reasonably fair trade.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    I had a 3GS and just upgraded to 4 and I personally think the screen alone is worth it. But, to each himself
  • Reply 4 of 4
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    I'd wait until this antenna stuff gets sorted out. Overhyped or not.