Removed 'Stacks' From Dock Accidentally

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I thought I was moving something else to the recycle bin & at the last second realized I was dragging the stacks icon.

Was successful in missing the bin but must have dropped it off the dock & now I can't figure out how to replace it.

I would actually prefer to just have a 'shortcut/icon' for 'my pictures' there instead, as 99% of the time I clicked stacks I would go there.

I have an IMAC with OS X

Version 10.5.8

Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by itron View Post

I thought I was moving something else to the recycle bin & at the last second realized I was dragging the stacks icon.

Was successful in missing the bin but must have dropped it off the dock & now I can't figure out how to replace it.

I would actually prefer to just have a 'shortcut/icon' for 'my pictures' there instead, as 99% of the time I clicked stacks I would go there.

I have an IMAC with OS X

Version 10.5.8

Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

Just find the folder in the finder that you pulled off the Dock, and then drag it back from the finder window into the dock where it used to be.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    itronitron Posts: 13member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr Beardsley View Post

Just find the folder in the finder that you pulled off the Dock, and then drag it back from the finder window into the dock where it used to be.

Success

Thank You Me. Beardsley!