Odd question, gift cards, orders, don't know where to start!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I don't even know if this is remotely the proper/best place to start, but I figure that someone both knowledgeable and understanding that works for Apple reads in here. If not, maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

So, long story short, I placed my iphone orders via Apple on pre-order day 1, but somehow, I ended up ordering both phones for the same number. One is arriving today and I was just emailed that the other one was currently being blocked by ATT due to it being on the same number. OK, not a big deal normally, BUT I used a gift card on the blocked phone and between June 15th and today, I have lost the gift card. I've been going through everything I can think of trying to find it, but no luck. The Apple reps have told me that I have to cancel my order and replace it, but, with the gift card, I'm kinda out of luck! One rep said they will do what they can to get it replaced w/o the gift card, which is cool, but I also had about 87 more dollars left on said card that I was going to use in the store for an Apple Care warranty. My mom gave me the gift card as a Father's day present, no one has any "original receipt" on it. The only things that I have left are the last four digits of the card and the little, bar coded envelope the card came in. Now, I worked to develop gift cards like this at another company and I know that the bar code on the card is one that was likely scanned before being associated with the number on the back of the card....... SO, what I'm hoping is possible, is that I can go into a store, talk to a real person, give them the bar code, they can see my order status, etc. and they can redo the gift card for me.

Sorry for the long rant! I just really am upset with myself for losing a 300 dollar gift card and then, of course, the order getting put on hold on top of everything. I need someone to give me some direction! Anything would be great.