Wired Magazine App a Rip Off!

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Don't get the new Wired Magazine App.

If you down download the new FREE App and you have previously bought the June edition, it will delete the June edition and you are left with just the new empty App.

Once you open the App you are then allowed to purchase the June edition again, yes you have to but it again, they don't let you download it for free.

Talk about a rip off, taking the P15S or what?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wonder View Post

Don't get the new Wired Magazine App.

If you down download the new FREE App and you have previously bought the June edition, it will delete the June edition and you are left with just the new empty App.

Once you open the App you are then allowed to purchase the June edition again, yes you have to but it again, they don't let you download it for free.

Talk about a rip off, taking the P15S or what?

That's not so. At least not in my case.

I downloaded the new wired app. And the old edition was sitting there.

C.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Was it 500MB or something? I'll stick to Zinio for now, I think. Though I haven't purchased anything through Zinio yet, just browsing their samples. Good fun, and no glares from the newsstand owner!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Was it 500MB or something? I'll stick to Zinio for now, I think. Though I haven't purchased anything through Zinio yet, just browsing their samples. Good fun, and no glares from the newsstand owner!

The first edition had a ton of video and interactive elements.

The new one has a lot of video but its about half the size.

If size is an issue, you can always remove an edition.

C.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Cheers