Windows 8... the ripoff continues

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Microsoft once again relies on the existence of Apple's OSX to swipe their latest "innovations". Shameless.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20009078-56.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    I will be amazed if Microsoft actually pulls off the performance tweaks on legacy hardware. But all said and done, it is things like these that force Apple to keep on innovating. As consumers, we stand to gain from this competition.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

I will be amazed if Microsoft actually pulls off the performance tweaks on legacy hardware. ....

What color is the sky on your planet? On this planet, the sky is blue. The article published on our planet has nothing to do with tweaking legacy hardware. Many of our Microsoft users would love to visit your planet because MIcrosoft is notoriously bad about releasing new versions of Windows that work well with this planet's legacy hardware.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

What color is the sky on your planet? On this planet, the sky is blue. The article published on our planet has nothing to do with tweaking legacy hardware. Many of our Microsoft users would love to visit your planet because MIcrosoft is notoriously bad about releasing new versions of Windows that work well with this planet's legacy hardware.

Interesting case on your planet. On our planet intelligent folks read ALL the information before being snarky. I'll take our planet rather than yours, and suggest you peruse the slides linked from the articles as they are more of an original source than a third hand account. talksense101's comment is very applicable once you get to the efficiency and fast startup slides.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    "Worlds are colliding, Jerry!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPG3YMcSvzo