PadBook?.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
OK, I'm sitting around reading about iOS -v- OS X (especially with OS X left out of the Keynote) and thinking about a "convergence" of the two to some degree next year.

Then my thoughts turned to the potential of a "PadBook", which would basically be the iPad in a MacBook case - but maybe a bit smaller.

I had been thinking that the iPad might be a real killer in a 13" version, but "beefing up" the iPad might be better focused on beefing input with a keyboard. Maybe even a USB port.

Pricing? Avoiding the aluminum back can cut costs, just as the keyboard will increase them. Flip of the coin, but I think it's an interesting approach.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    You can already use a wireless keyboard. Someone modified an old ibook this way:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/09/i...home-for-ipad/

I prefer the Macintosh Classic mod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6jkDikBSmg

When you see him slide it in and think that it's over 100 times faster than that machine when it shipped but the whole computer is inside the screen and most of the space in that is really just the battery, it's pretty impressive.

Once they make the iPad truly standalone, 3rd part case manufacturers can build netbook-style case mods.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    chillichilli Posts: 40member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aaabha View Post

OK, I'm sitting around reading about iOS -v- OS X (especially with OS X left out of the Keynote) and thinking about a "convergence" of the two to some degree next year.

Then my thoughts turned to the potential of a "PadBook", which would basically be the iPad in a MacBook case - but maybe a bit smaller.

I had been thinking that the iPad might be a real killer in a 13" version, but "beefing up" the iPad might be better focused on beefing input with a keyboard. Maybe even a USB port.

Pricing? Avoiding the aluminum back can cut costs, just as the keyboard will increase them. Flip of the coin, but I think it's an interesting approach.

We can imagine the future of Macbook there : Physical keybord, NO MORE touchpad, multitouch screen and a new Apple OS finger-controllable and mouse-controllable.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    The future of Mackbook is may be easy touchpad, multitouch screen, Apple OS finger-controllable,

Physical keybord, and mouse-controllable. Macbook 's all products are very good to use. There are no any single bad view from people about Mackbook.