ios 4 bugs

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Ever since upgrading to ios 4, my 2nd gen iPod touch has exhibited a number of fairly frequent anomalies. I've not seen anything on the net about any of this, so I'm wondering if anyone else has seen anything weird since upgrading...

Most bizarre bug: my iPod insists on turning back it's clock by 6 days, 9 hrs & 18 min. No kidding. Every time I set it's clock (using the Settings app -> General -> Date & Time) and exit the Settings app, all is well. *Then, magically and ever so irritatingly, something causes the time to be retarded by 6 days and a bit. The exact amount of hours and minutes is variable over the course of a dozen trials, but the number of days (roughly 6 1/2) is consistent.*

I am not sure what is causing this. I am not attaching my iPod to my pc, so the problem is definitely local to the iPod. The bug occurs regardless of whether or not I am connected to a wifi signal.*

I have noticed this occurring after running the Settings app, but others cause the bug as well. One way for sure to recreate the problem is to set the clock, exit to the home page, and then go right back into the General section of the Settings app. As soon as I enter this section, the clock screws up.

Any ideas???

Another bug comes from the Photos app. *Sometimes, after viewing a single photo from an album, the app's navigation gestures cease to function. The only way to regain control is to press the Home button and relaunch Photos.

Yet another is in Stanza. Upon launching the app, it erroneously returns to the final page of my last read book - instead of the current page of the Now Reading book. This bug doesn't occur every time, but maybe 1 in 4.

Breathlessly waiting for 4.01...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I have found elsewhere on the web enough mentions of ios4 bugs that I have decided to revert to 3.1.3.

Easy enough, right?

Well, not so. My pc only has the .ipsw image for 4.0, and all of the links I've found on the web for iPod1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw all result in 404s. Arrrgh!

Does anyone have an .ipsw image for 3.1.3 that they would be willing to email to me - or alternatively, point me to an ftp server???

Many thanks...