Apple third fiscal quarter 2010 earnings preview

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aaarrrgggh View Post

While another carrier isn't a panacea, it does address the inherent fact that AT&T is approaching a saturation point for smart phones. It also addresses people's frustrations with AT&T. And, in a perfect world, it just might help to bring a better value to the cell phone pricing plans.

I was just reading an article today about a new carrier coming to the US with LTE. LightSquared

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE66J2ZT20100720

Maybe Apple will hook up with them too.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Andy Zaky getting accolades from Gruber on http://live.twit.tv/ right now. I have to agree, Zaky is more accurate than other analysts and always has great articles on AI.

I agree, Zaky continues to do a great job.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Pretty close. A bit high on some, and a bit low on others, but that's to be expected.

Ah, the phone conference is just beginning.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Pretty close. A bit high on some, and a bit low on others, but that's to be expected.

Ah, the phone conference is just beginning.

Mentioned in the earnings thread already... Andy was 5% high on EPS, which is actually quite a bit. Apple beat the street by 13%, which in the way these things often play out, is not a smash performance.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Mentioned in the earnings thread already... Andy was 5% high on EPS, which is actually quite a bit. Apple beat the street by 13%, which in the way these things often play out, is not a smash performance.

I think it's pretty good. No one ever has a smash performance, except for dumb luck.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    Quote:

I think it's pretty good. No one ever has a smash performance, except for dumb luck.

I mean for Apple, not Andy. We've seen Apple beat the street by 20% or more in the past, a real blowout, which is pretty much the territory Andy was predicting.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

I mean for Apple, not Andy. We've seen Apple beat the street by 20% or more in the past, a real blowout, which is pretty much the territory Andy was predicting.

For Apple, yes.

And look at their forward predictions. $18 billion next quarter and $3.44 EPS. That's pretty hot for an Apple prediction.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    Quote:

For Apple, yes.

And look at their forward predictions. $18 billion next quarter and $3.44 EPS. That's pretty hot for an Apple prediction.

How does that look YoY?