can you turn phone off while playing a game or....

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Yesterday, 11:51 PM #1

annboyd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All - I am a new user and wanted to know if you can turn the phone part off while playing a game or looking at the internet .. like Facebook and such. Sometimes - I just don't the phone coming on while playing a game or on internet. Your wisdom would be much appreciated. Many thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Flip a coin.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    AFAIK it can't be done.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    chiachia Posts: 713member
    I'm not sure if I'm missing the obvious here but surely you can achieve this by putting the iPhone into Airplane mode? This will switch off both the phone and the wi-fi.

You can do this by going to settings then switching airplane mode ON at the very top. If you wish to surf the net then use wi-fi by switching it ON but leaving the iPhone in Airplane mode.

If you want to continue using your carrier's data connection but not receive calls then the best technique will be to forward calls to your carrier's answer machine:

You can do this by going to Settings,

then scroll down and tap on Phone,

then tap on Call Forwarding, wait a second or two then tap the switch to switch Call Forwarding ON.

Finally enter the number of your carrier's answering machine.

After doing this all your calls will be diverted, leaving you in peace to enjoy your game or Facebook.

Please let us all know if this has been helpful.

ChiA