64-bit iLife '11 said to arrive in August with a 'mystery' application

Comments

• Reply 141 of 177
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oneaburns View Post

Maybe they could make iPhoto more transparent. You know, maybe where you could see your pictures in a folder in finder under the name you save them as rather than some mystical number.

Why? I don't understand this obsession with manual file management. That's what I have a computer for! If I need a photo, it's trivial to export from iPhoto. If iPhoto crashes, I have Time Machine.
  • Reply 142 of 177
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Who: Anyone who wants to do more than available with iPhoto/iMovie, but doesn't, yet, want the steep learning curve & price of FC.

What: for things like the links below (the last 2 are fairly large, so let them load for a while to get the animation effect):

Why: To be different; to add dimension to an otherwise static presentation; create something of value... It's art!

http://web.me.com/dicklacara/Misc/Go...d%20Lo-Res.mov

http://web.me.com/dicklacara/Misc/Wa...s%20Lo-Res.mov

http://web.me.com/dicklacara/Misc/Wi...y%20Lo-Res.mov

http://web.me.com/dicklacara/Misc/Sh...me H.264 2.mov

These are done mostly with Motion, iMovie and GarageBand from single still images.

I am definitely not artistic! I have a friend who: takes beautiful photos; writes and composes music; sings and plays the piano. She created most of the input media (music -- I just fiddled around to add some effects.

It is all a work-in-process... It's front-loaded in that there are lots of special effects crammed in, just to get a feel. Then there are long periods of black screen- scenes based on other photos (to be added later).

Very cool animations, Dick, but vaguely unsettling ... I think I saw the face of my grandmother in the smoke of the last one.
  • Reply 143 of 177
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacGregor View Post

Very cool animations, Dick, but vaguely unsettling ... I think I saw the face of my grandmother in the smoke of the last one.

That was a sepia graduation picture of my late wife Lucy taken in 1960-- 3 years before we met.

The song, Shenandoah, is about a man who travels out west working on flatboats and riverboats, But he misses home in the Shenandoah Valley, and those he left behind.

It is a somewhat melancholy tune -- one verse starts: "Oh, Shenandoah I love your daughter..." and later is repeated: "Oh, Shenandoah I miss your daughter..."

The "smoke" is a bit over-done at present, but is supposed to represent river fog and the man's subconscious as he works the riverboats and his memory wistfully emerges then disappears into the shadows of his mind.

The ephemeral, "vaguely unsettling" effect is exactly what we were after in that scene.

We plan to use other images: some out west-- mountains, wilderness, sunrise and sunsets, to show the travels and passage of time.

The "fog" effect will be used as a transition between scenes-- superimposed over a farm or the lush Shenandoah valley that comprise his longing.

Done properly, the effect will almost be noticeable, but not quite -- like a fleeting thought...

• Reply 144 of 177
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

Why? I don't understand this obsession with manual file management. That's what I have a computer for! If I need a photo, it's trivial to export from iPhoto. If iPhoto crashes, I have Time Machine.

I think it's a matter of trust and Apple does a good job of hiding the details.

For me as a Mac newbie the only exception is that I still need to know the location of files when sharing content with multiple users. Each user points to the originals to avoid holding duplicates by each app's library. But I could be doing it all wrong!
  • Reply 145 of 177
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

It'll be facetime

you just detroyed this while topic .

perfect simple answer

bingo
  • Reply 146 of 177
    shubiduashubidua Posts: 157member
    The french site was updated and it now says August 17th.
  • Reply 147 of 177
    I vote for: iBooks for Mac. Download your iBooks library to your Mac, make notes and annotations, search contents, and so on. Create your own books and share with family and friends, or even submit to the iBooks store for self-publishing.....
  • Reply 148 of 177
    Although not ideal for reading on the computer screen, is to get books for the comparison would be great. However, I suspect, because iLife is not available for Windows, iBook, and links to iTunes / Full iDevice ecosystem that they are not binding on the iBook guides.
  • Reply 149 of 177
    crentistcrentist Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pik80 View Post

A really think that Apple bought out Midnight App's Cha-Ching. Cha-Ching had one of the most promising interfaces for a financial app but then one day they just stopped development and the developers completely stopped communicating with anyone. I really have to wonder if they were bought out and they are just keeping quiet because of how Apple likes to keep things secret. Cha-Ching would be a very logical addition to iWork.

Interesting. I had always wondered what happened to an app with such a seemingly good start. They got slammed with a dramatic user increase after one of the Macheist's and then kind of disappeared. This is an interesting theory, although typically don't the companies that Apple purchases make some sort of vague/anonymous "we've been purhased" announcements?

The iLife addition along with content creation would likely be a way to CREATE digital books, adding photos/videos/etc. and sharing these with friends and family for viewing on their iPhones and iDevices.

They might call it iAlbum or iScrapbook. I think that they might even be brave enough to call it "iPub" (a special request to our English friends to avoid any obvious liquor jokes). This would be Apple's way of creating interactive photo/video albums using the home content.

Thoughts?
  • Reply 150 of 177
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crentist View Post

Interesting. I had always wondered what happened to an app with such a seemingly good start. They got slammed with a dramatic user increase after one of the Macheist's and then kind of disappeared. This is an interesting theory, although typically don't the companies that Apple purchases make some sort of vague/anonymous "we've been purhased" announcements?

The iLife addition along with content creation would likely be a way to CREATE digital books, adding photos/videos/etc. and sharing these with friends and family for viewing on their iPhones and iDevices.

They might call it iAlbum or iScrapbook. I think that they might even be brave enough to call it "iPub" (a special request to our English friends to avoid any obvious liquor jokes). This would be Apple's way of creating interactive photo/video albums using the home content.

Thoughts?

The scrapbook idea is kinda of cool, especially if you could outputted to a number of formats including DVD... Perhaps this is the reason why iDVD has been discontinued (if true)...
  • Reply 151 of 177
    crentistcrentist Posts: 204member
    Duplicate post. Oops.
  • Reply 152 of 177
    coolcatcoolcat Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jpcg View Post

iHTML5!!!!!

NO!!!!! HTML5 is a programming language. It's not going to be discussed at an iPod event...
  • Reply 153 of 177
    coolcatcoolcat Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gigi View Post

iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,iExtra, iExtra, iExtra,

you know iTunes Extra for the movie? DVD menu without the DVD for home movie.

That's what I think is the new mystery iLife App.

exportable to iPad, iPhone and Apple TV.

And Support of the full HD for our personnal HD movie made from iMovie.

What, are you 12....grow the hell up and post something constructive...
  • Reply 154 of 177
    So is there now a new date for this iLife 11 or did this rumor just turned out to be a dud?
  • Reply 155 of 177
    rob_06rob_06 Posts: 75member
    Generally a good sign something is coming is the apple online store goes down at last check for me it was still up.

It would be nice to see the new ilife soon
  • Reply 156 of 177
    stzozostzozo Posts: 18member
    Apple should get out the new iLife 11 soon...

I know at least 7 people waiting the new iLife before they buy a new iMac.

COME ON APPLE, WE ARE TIRED OF WAITING !
  • Reply 157 of 177
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oneaburns View Post

It's there within iPhoto, but you can not see your folders in finder. For example, open finder, go to Pictures and then you'll see an icon that says iPhoto Library. Clicking that just opens up iPhoto, not the individual files. It makes it difficult to manipulate the files without having to open up iPhoto first.

On top of that, I find the whole program cumbersome. If I've taken a bunch of pictures on my phone and upload them then it defaults to putting them in hundreds of different "events" which I never wanted to categorize in the first place. Sadly, Windows is much better with file management and dealing with photos.

Right click on that icon. Select "Show Contents". Bam - you got your folders. So yes, its in individual files.
  • Reply 158 of 177
    It's the 18th and no iLife...

So much for that rumor.
  • Reply 159 of 177
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    APPLE STORE IS DOwN
  • Reply 160 of 177
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akac View Post

Right click on that icon. Select "Show Contents". Bam - you got your folders. So yes, its in individual files.

You mean, Boom!