Sources reveal specs of Apple's iMac refresh

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday will update its iMac line of desktops, with both the 21.5-inch and 27-inch models receiving processor speeds ranging from 3.06GHz to a 2.8GHz quad-core model.

According to a person familiar with the matter, Apple on Tuesday will introduce four new iMac models. Currently, its online store is down in anticipation of new products.

The 21.5-inch iMac desktop will be offered with 3.06GHz and 3.2GHz processors, as well as 4GB of RAM standard. The 27-inch models will come with 3.2GHz of speed, and a 2.8GHz quad-core processor. Both of the big-screen iMacs have 4GB of RAM as well, and a standard 1TB hard drive.

The details of the new models are:

MC508LL/A - IMAC 21.5"/3.06/2X2GB/500GB/4670/SD-USA

MC509LL/A - IMAC 21.5"/3.20/2X2GB/1TB/5670/SD-USA

MC510LL/A - IMAC 27"/3.20/2X2GB/1TB/5670/SD-USA

MC511LL/A - IMAC 27"/2.8QC/2X2GB/1TB/5750/SD-USA

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29
    svnippsvnipp Posts: 430member
    Hmm... Maybe time for a low end iMac this Chirstmas. We've been needing a second computer around the house more and more with the little one getting older. Have to really check the funds to see if I can squeeze one of these under the tree this year.
  • Reply 2 of 29
    giosacconegiosaccone Posts: 121member
    Apple Store are down
  • Reply 3 of 29
    sergesfsergesf Posts: 35member
    NO MATTE SCREEN. NO BUY IMAC. Period.
  • Reply 4 of 29
    giosacconegiosaccone Posts: 121member
    And Magic Trackpad!
  • Reply 5 of 29
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Nothing about a GPU update which is more important than the CPU these days. Plus clarity in this article is lacking.

No big deal info from the horses mouth should be here soon.

Dave
  • Reply 6 of 29
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SergeSF View Post

You do realize you can add a second monitor and as a pro user I am sure you need dual as I do so you should simply add a matte second one ... problem solved
  • Reply 7 of 29
    macodinmacodin Posts: 2member
    Wow. So the iMac gets two updates in a row and... the Mac Pro nothing?!? What the hell Apple? This is ridiculous. I cannot believe Apple still sells an outdated piece of hardware at brand new prices (Nehalem, come on... everyone else already sells some configuration of Gulftown processors!) I am thoroughly disappointed.
  • Reply 8 of 29
    jhende7jhende7 Posts: 62member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Nothing about a GPU update which is more important than the CPU these days. Plus clarity in this article is lacking.

No big deal info from the horses mouth should be here soon.

Dave

Look at the Model IDS says the GPUs right there 4670 in the base ranging up to 5750
  • Reply 9 of 29
    larsdlarsd Posts: 4member
    The new iMac's specs is already online:

http://www.apple.com/imac/specs.html

And a new 27" cinema display as well:

• Reply 10 of 29
    Upgraded video cards?
  • Reply 11 of 29
    nano_tubenano_tube Posts: 114member
    The iMac's page on Apple's website has been updated. Their store is still offline...

All CPUs are Core i 3/5/7

Radeon 5670 !

• Reply 12 of 29
    macodinmacodin Posts: 2member
    It has been announced!!

http://www.apple.com/macpro/
  • Reply 13 of 29
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:

Take your pathetic whinning else where. Any body with any objectivity would realize matte screens suck.

Dave
  • Reply 14 of 29
    smiles77smiles77 Posts: 668member
    Store is online!!!
  • Reply 15 of 29
    onhkaonhka Posts: 1,025member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macodin View Post

Wow. So the iMac gets two updates in a row and... the Mac Pro nothing?!? What the hell Apple? This is ridiculous. I cannot believe Apple still sells an outdated piece of hardware at brand new prices (Nehalem, come on... everyone else already sells some configuration of Gulftown processors!) I am thoroughly disappointed.

I am not sure why the frustration. And the impatience.

By the way, not everyone else sells some configuration of Gulftown processors. And even those that offer or list the option certainly can't say they are really selling them.

But Apple will.
  • Reply 16 of 29
    Magic trackpad is here!!!
  • Reply 17 of 29
  • Reply 18 of 29
    nkhmnkhm Posts: 928member
    Quote:

Why?

have you actually used one for an extended period of time - it takes about four seconds to engage brain with workspace layout and glare is not an issue. ever.
  • Reply 20 of 29
    Wow, this is new.

Apple Battery Charger

Now there’s a better, more environmentally friendly way to power your wireless keyboard, Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, or just about anything that requires AA batteries. The Apple Battery Charger kit comes with a sleek, compact charger and six high-performance AA NiMH batteries that are ready to use right out of the box. The reusable batteries are exceptional at holding a charge and last for up to 10 years. Which means you can finally break the cycle of buying and disposing of those toxic, single-use alkaline batteries.

$29