What's going on with Apple's online store release down under?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
So, it's 9:30am here in Australia and there is no sign of the iPhone 4 going on sale here or in New Zealand, where it's even later in the day. The press release announcing the launch details said that it would be today, telco shops started selling the phone at midnight, Apple stores opened at 8am and have been selling them since.

So where's the online love, Apple? There are a lot of people like myself who want to buy an unlocked phone outright from Apple (for the princely sum of $AUD999 for the 32gb) but don't live near one of the very few Apple retail stores.

Their online sales are usually day and date with the retail sales aren't they? That's been my prior experience anyway.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    chopperchopper Posts: 246member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maffrew View Post

So, it's 9:30am here in Australia and there is no sign of the iPhone 4 going on sale here or in New Zealand, where it's even later in the day. The press release announcing the launch details said that it would be today, telco shops started selling the phone at midnight, Apple stores opened at 8am and have been selling them since.

So where's the online love, Apple? There are a lot of people like myself who want to buy an unlocked phone outright from Apple (for the princely sum of $AUD999 for the 32gb) but don't live near one of the very few Apple retail stores.

Their online sales are usually day and date with the retail sales aren't they? That's been my prior experience anyway.

Here in Godzone, an Apple spokesperson has announced that online sales will start this evening (nothing more specific than that unfortunately) and since Apple NZ is actually a division of Apple Aus which is in turn a division of Apple Singapore, then I expect they'll all kick off together. Tonight sometime. Ish. I think.

Or not. Who can say?