Computer shuts off unexpectedly

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi all,

I have a strange problem with my late-2008/early-2009 MBP. In the last couple of days, I have been using it and the screen goes black suddenly. It happened once for just a few seconds and then recovered, but today it completely shut off-- even though the battery was mostly charged (and I had received no warnings)-- so I had to reboot.

A few possibly relevant facts about this computer and this incident:

1) I've had it over a year and never had this problem before.

2) I had the logic board replaced recently because of an issue with sleep mode. This problem never appeared before the logic board was replaced (although this may be a coincidence).

3) Both times the problem happened this week, the computer was running on battery power.

4) Earlier this week (before the incident), I got a little warning to "Check battery" or something similar. The warning went away, though. Maybe this is a faulty battery issue?

5) When the computer completely shut off, it was also running a Time Machine backup. I noticed that TM has been having trouble today-- giving warnings about errors. Not sure if this could be related.

Thanks in advance!

Nate

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    take it back as soon as possible. could be related to your motherboard replacement