Apple unveils new online store for resellers

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Apple has launched a revamped new online store serving business-to-business resellers, including corporations, schools and Apple Consultants.

The revamped Apple Store for Resellers enables consultants and institutions with an Apple account to set up online orders. Individuals within an organization can log in and create proposals for orders that an authorized purchasing agent can then approve and convert to an order.

The new system now supports creating templates for common orders. Proposers can create orders from existing templates or by selecting items manually, and then send the proposal to an authorized purchaser for approval. The system also tracks order status for recent purchases.

The online Apple Business Store operates worldwide, enabling companies, school campuses, consultants, training centers and certified trainers to set up a direct relationship with the company.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Convenient Enough...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I used to be an affiliate of Apple through Commission Junction, I made fairly good commissions. They stopped being on the program, that was a while ago and I forgot they had said they were planning on something like this. I am going to go see what they have created with this.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,189member
    Is this really a big deal? I wish my clients were so naive as to need it.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Looks cool, but why do their call it online store for 'resellers'? It's really an online ordering tool for Business customers...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by karmadave View Post

Looks cool, but why do their call it online store for 'resellers'? It's really an online ordering tool for Business customers...

The site where this online store is located (reseller.apple.com) is not available to end-customers. It's exclusively for Authorized Apple Resellers. They are "business customers" in that they are businesses who purchase computers from Apple at a discount for resale to others. These are all the independent shops that sell Apple gear.

So, while Tekserve in New York could use this site to purchase inventory for resale, it wouldn't be available to, say, an advertising agency which uses Macs in their business.