Dutch Revolution

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The Dutch elections were yesterday. The party of our so called Le Pen got 26 of the available 150 seats in the Dutch House of Commons.

Meaning, the party comes from nowhere to become the second biggest party in the country.

Meaning, the previous governing parties have failed. Both in their obligation to the people as in their hate campaign against murdered political leader Pim Fortuyn.

Meaning, his murderer has failed in his bid to assassinate our democracy. Dear Mr.Murderer, you may have killed the icon but the democracy maintains.

Vive La Revolution!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Interesting. So how many parties still have some power in the government? 3?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Pim Fortuyn was not a big fan of Jean Marie Le Pen. They where not friends.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    spaceman_spiffspaceman_spiff Posts: 1,242member
    [quote]Originally posted by powerdoc:

<strong>Pim Fortuyn was not a big fan of Jean Marie Le Pen. They where not friends.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I believe macvasco was being ironic when he called Fortuyn "our so-called Le Pen". I would also say that Le Pen probably isn't a big fan of Fortuyn either. No?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by spaceman_spiff:

<strong>

I believe macvasco was being ironic when he called Fortuyn "our so-called Le Pen". I would also say that Le Pen probably isn't a big fan of Fortuyn either. No?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes , but i am wondering why ?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    macfenianmacfenian Posts: 276member
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>Interesting. So how many parties still have some power in the government? 3?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well there is the biggest party, CDA. They´re Central Democrats. Righties with leftie ideas when it comes down to welfare and social security. They have 43 seats.

Then the two previous biggest parties called PVDA (Social Democrats) and VVD who are basically Republicans without necesarily wanting a President to replace our Queen. They both have 23 seats.

Leaves 35 seats to be shared by 6 parties.

The most plausible option now is that CDA, LPF and VVD will form the government.

The people have spoken - nay - shouted! (ok, I´ll stop the cliches now)