Find My iPhone RULES!!!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Find my iphone rules! Check this out:

Not 15 minutes ago my phone rang - it was my wife on vacation, in a panic, because she had lost her iphone (she borrowed her dad's mobile to call me...). Anyway, she had just been doing laundry at the local laundrymat and thought that she may have left her phone there. She and her mother had searched the laundrymat high and low and couldn't find the phone so she was beginning to suspect it had been stolen.

So I fired up Find My Iphone and after a minute it revealed that her iPhone was sitting in a house two blocks from the laundrymat. So I had her phone play a sound and display a message saying "Please return this phone right away. I can see your location on a map and will call the police if this phone is not returned to the laundrymat immediately. Any questions, call me on ###-###-####"

I started directing my wife to the house where the phone appeared to be. While she was on her way, I refreshed the map on Find My iPhone and said to her "Wait, it's moving!" She circled back to the laundrymat, and there it was, sitting right on top of a washing machine.

I would love to send a couple boxes of donuts to the Find My Phone development team - the concept and implementation of this feature are fantastic!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Thanks for sharing. I subscribed to MobileMe primarily for the "Find My iPhone" feature. Glad to hear it works!