Is there a way to stream Itunes video to my TV besides AppleTV or the new iTV?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I've got like 300gb of movies and tv shows that I've converted to MP4 video and is now part of my Itunes library. I have various electronic devices such as a Roku to stream Netflix, 2 Series 2 Tivo's, and a Samsung BD-P3600 Blue Ray Player which also can stream Netflix.

I have a MacBook Pro and would like stream video from it...Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Just buy an HDMI cable that has a DVI or mini display port (which ever your Mac has) and connect them. Then buy an Apple remote or use your iPhone and VNC software to control your mac
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mbmcavoymbmcavoy Posts: 157member
    deleted...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    mbmcavoymbmcavoy Posts: 157member
    You didn't mention one, but if you have an Xbox 360, you can use an application called Connect 360 on your Mac. The xBox will think it's a Windows PC, and can stream non-DRM video and audio. The Xbox interface is pretty clunky for this, but it works OK.

For Audio, I find the Airport Express to be almost perfect. I'm personally hoping the new AppleTV is more like it...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Elgato's EyeConnect is a good media server application for the Mac.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    PS3 with medialink UPNP server from Nullriver.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    programmerprogrammer Posts: 3,458member
    PS3 Media Server can serve to PS3 or XBox360 and is free. Its transcoding capabilities are pretty good too.