Idea: Genius Radio, and iTunes Air

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Genius Radio. The next evolution of Genius in iTunes.

Works like Pandora, built into iTunes. Pick a song in your iTunes Library and Genius Radio creates an internet radio station based on Genius data for that song. The program is free, and can be streamed through the iTunes application on a Mac or PC, or through the iPod app in an iOS device.

iTunes Air. It's iTunes, in the cloud.

Sign into iTunes Air using your iTunes Account info and instantly have access to iTunes purchases through a web browser. Buy content on iTunes Air and have it ready to download to your Library at home. Enjoy your iTunes Library anywhere in the world, with access to the web.

Just something I've been thinking about, and wanted to share before the 'Special Event' September 1st.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    I love it, but you'd need to have iTunes Air support the entire iTunes Library and not just purchased media.

Most of my music is still ripped directly from my CDs, even though the rest is iTunes born-and-bred. No way this would fly without full Library support, though I can EASILY see Apple only doing it with purchases?it sounds just like them.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I love it, but you'd need to have iTunes Air support the entire iTunes Library and not just purchased media.

Most of my music is still ripped directly from my CDs, even though the rest is iTunes born-and-bred. No way this would fly without full Library support, though I can EASILY see Apple only doing it with purchases?it sounds just like them.

When I was thinking about iTunes Air, originally I thought "your entire iTunes library, through the cloud," then I put my apple hat on and made it purchased content only.

This time of year always gets my Armchair Apple Engineer gears turning. I recently drew out some ideas for an entire revamp of the iPod line.

Drop the shuffle, make the nano much smaller with a touch screen..... You know, I should just make another post about it.