2010 MacPro Unboxing

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey Guys, got my new Mac Pro last week and so far I have not had any issues with it - works great

I also made a short unboxing video so I would have some footage to test my editing work flow on the new machine - mostly done with stop-motion and ended up looking more like a video brochure for the Mac, haha. Hope you like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMru6ICAdw8

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Sweet video, man! You've got some skills. I can only assume you're an animation pro, right?

If not, this is a great portfolio vid. Well done.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Awesome video work and excellent animation / editing. I love the cables all snaking into place! Great showreel
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Wow, you went to a lot of effort to show off your new toy!

I was wondering what the noise of the machine is like. I will have to house mine in my bedroom and it may well be processing at 100% capacity overnight on occasion. Do the fans have a high-pitched or irritating noise at all? I don't mind loud so much as long as it's a very low-pitched or non-irritating noise. The 17" MacBook Pro I have is awesome in this regard because it uses mag-lev fans so the only noise you hear is the noise of air passing through the computer, the fans themselves have no audible noise whatsoever. It makes for a very pleasant "breeze" sound under maximum capacity. Would you say the Mac Pro is similar? I plan on getting the 6-Core Westmere.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Great video. How do you make these things jump around like that? I mean the animation you created.I presume you are a pro.Enjoy your new mac pro.